Not a multiband distortion...

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
dlwhite66

Not a multiband distortion...

Post by dlwhite66 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:05 pm

I have recently become a big fan of d16 effects. And I have tried several multiband distortions without being satisfied. So I bought Devastor 2, not doing my normal research like reading the manual first.

Disappointedly, this is not a multiband distortion. It’s a multiband filter with a single distortion that can be routed in a variety of ways.

A true multiband distortion allows for different levels and types of distortion to be applied to each of the bands. while technically possible using multiple instances in a parallel chain (Live’s audio rack, for example), that’s not really convenient or easy to manage.

My wish for version 3 is a true multiband distortion. I like the distortion algorithms and the filters...it is almost there!

Sebastian@d16

Re: Not a multiband distortion...

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:51 am

Hi,

Thank you for your remark, point taken, it's not multiband distortion in strict sense, but filters and routing can be used the way - not to full extend.

If you're dissatisfied with the purchase, please contact our Helpdesk if you'd like to get a refund.

Kind regards,
Sebastian