Antresol seems to misbehave compared to your other plugins

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
djw

Antresol seems to misbehave compared to your other plugins

Post by djw » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:46 pm

In Sony Vegas Pro 13 all of your plugins work as they should, except for Antresol which causes a problem with the undo buffer when it is bypassed/enabled.

While it's easy to say this doesn't matter because it comes up in Vegas, it looks like this points to a bug (like a memory leak or overflow?) because all my other plugins don't exhibit this issue. It would be great if you did a test for what might go wrong when bypassing the plugin.

Thanks for reading.

djw

Re: Antresol seems to misbehave compared to your other plugins

Post by djw » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Let me know whether you're interested in looking into this, and if these kind of bug reports are interesting to D16 at all.

Antresol is a great plugin so I want to help iron out any problems if I can.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi,

My apologies for delayed reply. From what I see this is error has its origin in Vegas (undo buffer), but to be certain I'd need few things:

- Could you describe precisely the config you work on; like Windows version, Vegas 13 build number, is it Windows 64bit or 32bit, is it Vegas 64bit or 32bit?
- Have you installed 64bit version of Antresol or 32bit one?
- Is the problem with Antresol 100% reproducible, no matter whether it's inserted into a "crowded" (with other plug-ins") project or just created empty one with single audio track in it?
- What happens when you reorder Antresol in the chain presented in the animation? Is the Antresol still causing the error popping up or just last plug-in in the queue?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Sebastian

djw

Post by djw » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:07 am

Thanks for your response. It's no problem, I just wanted to make sure that bug reports are wanted.

Software specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Vegas Pro 13.0 64bit, build 453 (latest)
Antresol 64bit

It is 100% reproducable in an empty project with one audio track and only Antresol in the chain.

Example with Antresol not as the last plugin in the chain:

I've also considered that it's a bug on the side of Vegas, but none of my other plugins cause this error, which makes it seem related to Antresol.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:46 am

Hi,

Just needed extra time to install Vegas 13 trial and fiddle with it a little. It seems that not only Antresol is affected by this issue, also Devastor 2 and few other plug-ins as well. Decimort 2 and newer ones work fine (Frontier, PunchBox) and also SilverLine 1.x plug-ins. Can be two possibilities;

1) A particular version of general framework we utilize isn't working properly with Vegas Pro, so D16 plug-ins from particular period cause the trouble
2) Possible channel configuration in the plug-in aren't supported by the Vegas Pro (most of our plug-ins uses simple mono to mono, stereo to stereo models, but some of our plug-ins offer more complex variants) - our developers need to do some digging.

Definitely this goes onto ToDo list for the maintenance update.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

djw

Post by djw » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:26 pm

I didn't know Devastor 2 was also affected, I only tested the plugins I had at the time. Thanks for looking into it Sebastian!