I wish a Small Window and Low Resources :)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
dmassive

I wish a Small Window and Low Resources :)

Post by dmassive » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi!

I'm not using too much Sigmund, well I actually replaced it for other delay, because it takes more than 30% of DAW resources (my processor is an AMD FX8150 and 16GB of RAM). I'm working with Synapse Orion, so I can't use a "FREEZE" like function. ¿Is there any way to decrease Sigmund resources? No matters how simple or complex is the delay, always takes the same high resources.

Other thing I wish to ask, the Sigmund Window is too big, after making the ideal setup, I think a small optional windows will be good. For example, showing only the limiter, threshold, wet/dry, master volume, and preset browser.

Thanks!
@here

Sebastian@d16

Re: I wish a Small Window and Low Resources :)

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry, but we can't do anything do much about Sigmund's CPU consumption. It's already been highly optimized and takes advantage of modern CPU extensions (like SSE) to decrease as much as possible its need for CPU resources. We can't do much to lessen CPU load without degrading quality or even changing Sigmund's pristine sound character, which we do not intend. Unlike LuSH-101 we can't make Sigmund using multiple cores which would spread the CPU usage evenly among all availabe in our system cores decreasing overall CPU load. The Sigmund's internal structure and was how signal is internally processed forbids that. The only options i can see in your case is switching processing quality in Sigmund to "Low" profile (Options -> Processing "tab" -> Current Quality Section -> Real-time combo box).

Let me know if that helped,

Cheers,
Sebastian