Feature requests

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
woodster77

Feature requests

Post by woodster77 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi . love this plugin and am wondering if you ever thought bout making it into a waveguide device

the ability to attach keytracking to the delay lines so that it followed pitch across the keyboard. making it a pitchable resonator

also needs an envelope as well as far as i can see,
would also like to see the ability to insert other D16 effects into the delay lines, (sometimes you only need one ) and the others could be sort of feedback inserts

Also . you guys ever gonna do amplitude or frequencey modulation style effects like ring mod or frequencey shifters

Cheers

Sebastian@d16

Re: Feature requests

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 am

Hi,

Man, Sigmund is quite of a monster already considering complexity and sound design capabilities, but i like your thinking :D Ideas are very interesting.

ad 1) So basically you man to utilize the MIDI in for plug-in to use notes' pitch to affect the delay time? Right? If we decide to do so, using envelope which is already in version 1.1 will be just consequence of adding this feature :) There's only one problem. The delay line doesn't respond instantly to changes of delay time parameter and time of that response depends of the difference between the delays of the line (you may try out rapid movements of the delay time parameters while feedback is set to some non-zero value). But this is certainly to be considered :)

ad 2) Inserts in the delay loop? It reminds me of that beauty:
TC 2290-6.jpg
TC 2290-6.jpg (110.27 KiB) Viewed 18168 times
I'm afraid Sigmund would have gone wild if we did that :)

ad 3) Ring modulator or FM synthesis? We don't say no :)

Anyway thank you for nice ideas,

Kind regards,
Sebastian

woodster77

Post by woodster77 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Cheers for the response guys,
yep posted this just before i found the vids bout the new upgrades....doh

ok so you cant put inserts into the feedback path,,,,,,,,,could you do pitch??????,
get some brian enoesque shimmer stuff going on

also there aint one good ring mod Vst on the planet as far as i am concerned, there all crap

if you could.....could it be an old BODE freq shifter.(i know its not a Ring mod)......shouldnt be hard to find a real one to reference....lol

i mean they made at least 4 i think. so sourcing a real one to work from should be a skoosh

Anyway cheers for the love and the effort in your plugins guys

Craig
Last edited by woodster77 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woodster77

Post by woodster77 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Lixma

Post by Lixma » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:30 am

Ability to modulate PAN controls with LFO!

:D

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:57 am

Hi,
Lixma wrote:Ability to modulate PAN controls with LFO!

:D
Not bad, not bad :) Thanks for the hint.

Cheers,
Sebastian