Lush / Option / Parameters - seems unnecesary

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
dahkter

Lush / Option / Parameters - seems unnecesary

Post by dahkter » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 pm

HI Sebastien and D16 crew,
For other VSTi's, I can automate all of a plug ins parameters via host midi learn (Drumatic 4 has 800+ host automatable parameters)
For Lush, I have to go to the parameter screen and create 128 items.
I believe you've mentioned before that there is a 128 limit for host automation. For example, midi channel 1, CC#1 can be one controller; midi channel 2, CC#1 can be another unique controller, etc. So the limit should be minimum 2,048 = 16x128.
Therefore - on this, or future versions of the plug, can you please set up every knob to be accessible via host automation and remove the Parameters tab?
Thank you,
Jason

Sebastian@d16

Re: Lush / Option / Parameters - seems unnecesary

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 am

Hi Jason,

I agree that's possible to VST to declare more than 128 automatable parameters, however at the time when LuSH-101 was released, not every DAW handled huge numbers of automatable parameters very well, so we'd taken the (128) number arbitrarily since at the time we hadn't noticed any misbehavior when 128 automatable parameters wasn't exceeded by a plug-in. Nowdays it seems it's not that important to limit number of automatable parameters and all DAW seem to deal with that nicely. We intend to get rid of this limit in new versions of our plug-ins (this also concerns Sigmund).

As for MIDI CC, it's completely different story. The limit we mentioned was strictly related to VST SDK (the VST parameter automation) and have nothing to do with MIDI CC. The issue I'm talking about wasn't caused by some hypothetical "band width" (a top number of messages that could be pushed through the plug-in per second).

Kind regards,
Sebastian

dahkter

Re: Lush / Option / Parameters - seems unnecesary

Post by dahkter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Thank you