tuned 808 kick sound?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
dahkter

tuned 808 kick sound?

Post by dahkter » Wed May 14, 2014 3:08 am

Hello,
The best method I have for making sustained 808 kick type basslines is to make the filter self oscillate. The issue here is that the keyboard tracking is not accurate (meaning the keys on the piano to do not correspond to the sound of the pitch - C is not C, D is not D, etc)
I see someone requested a sine wave oscillator (or possibly as an option of suboscillator), however I am curious if anyone is effectively making tuned 808 kicks with Lush 101.
Great sounding plugin by the way, thank you.

Sebastian@d16

Re: tuned 808 kick sound?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:31 am

Hi,

If you set Filter's Keyboard Tracking to the max, the self oscillations will be in perfect tune with the pitch, however it requires tweaking the cutoff a little to make resonance's pitch and synth's pitch matching - use the test tone as the helper along with A tone pressed on a MIDI keybaord. It has to be done with extra care and precision, so i advise you to tweak cutoff with CTRL key held on the computer keyboard (for precise setting parameter's value) (if you use Mac OS X, use Apple CMD key instead).

Kind regards,
Seb