Solved: LuSH-101 automation Sonar X3 IS working

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Examigan

Solved: LuSH-101 automation Sonar X3 IS working

Post by Examigan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Usually to automate in Sonar X3, I just click the "W" at the top right of whatever plugin screen is open, and hit play, then move controls on that plugin.

I tried it with LuSH-101 and it doesn't record anything in Sonar. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT:
I found a place in the manual (page 83-84) that says you can add parameters to LuSH-101, and now at least it shows an envelope in Sonar after trying automation. But it still doesn't play anything back the right way, I just assigned it to the filter and res, and both have their automation envelopes showing in Sonar, there's no difference in sound when I play it back.

I tried it with 3 other synths I have last night, and they all work ok with automation without having to do all that. Just clicked W, moved controls around, and they all played back what I did ok.
Maybe it just doesn't like Sonar X3?
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Examigan

Re: LuSH-101 automation in Sonar X3 not working

Post by Examigan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Forgot to mention, my midi keyboard works fine and midi learn works perfect with LuSH-101. It records everything from the midi keyboard ok, it's just if I want to move a control on the GUI after hitting "W" it doesn't record that adjustment to filter or whatever else.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi,

Recently we've been trying to get in touch with someone at Cakewalk, for a very long time we were contacting two very friendly guys, but seems they don't work there anylonger. Now we're waiting for Cakewalk's response, so we could get Sonar X3 license to make some tests with.

Anyway, could you tell me more about the computer set you've been using with Sonar X3:

- Do you use Sonar Producer, Studio or regular variant?
- Do you use Sonar in 64bit or 32bit mode?
- What Windows version do you have, 7,8 32bit 64bit?
- Did you install 32bit or 64bit LuSH?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Examigan

Post by Examigan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

Recently we've been trying to get in touch with someone at Cakewalk, for a very long time we were contacting two very friendly guys, but seems they don't work there anylonger. Now we're waiting for Cakewalk's response, so we could get Sonar X3 license to make some tests with.

Anyway, could you tell me more about the computer set you've been using with Sonar X3:

- Do you use Sonar Producer, Studio or regular variant?
- Do you use Sonar in 64bit or 32bit mode?
- What Windows version do you have, 7,8 32bit 64bit?
- Did you install 32bit or 64bit LuSH?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian

I have Sonar X3 Producer in 32-bit mode, using Windows 7 Pro 32-bit for the OS, and installed 32-bit LuSH-101.

Hey I know someone at Cakewalk, if you want I can email him about it, and/or give him your email. He's the Artist and Public relations person for their company.

Thanks,
-Rob

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:49 am

We've just checked it and seems automation works fine with Sonar X3 after all (recording events from GUI, drawing envelopes in Sonar and automation events playback). Just for information of all forum readers; a parameter you desire to automate needs to be enabled for automation in LuSH-101 (Options panel -> Parameters tab) - more details on this issue you can find in manual.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Examigan

Post by Examigan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:We've just checked it and seems automation works fine with Sonar X3 after all (recording events from GUI, drawing envelopes in Sonar and automation events playback). Just for information of all forum readers; a parameter you desire to automate needs to be enabled for automation in LuSH-101 (Options panel -> Parameters tab) - more details on this issue you can find in manual.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Thanks Sebastian, I don't know what happened but it seems to be fine now :)
It's working just like you mentioned. I changed the title of the post.

-Rob