Feedback / requests

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
oli54

Feedback / requests

Post by oli54 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:54 am

Hi,

Here are a few requests I would have regarding LuSH-101:
- it has been about 6 months with no update, could you please communicate a bit on the status ? I can see a roadmap on the product page but it is not clear to me when these things will happen.
- your next update seem to be Pro Tools compatibility: even though this is nice for Pro Tools user, this is of no interest to users of other DAWs, can we count on other features part of the next update?

LuSH-101 is a great synth but I have some usability issues which in my opinion are to address in priority:
- I cannot use the synth at 96Khz, because it keeps on emitting cracks and other artifacts, due to CPU overload probably. I am using a 4-core i7 Mac Pro + firewire sound interface. I guess the main things to address here are code optimizations (if possible) and threading support. About the latter I know a thread is currently open on it and apparently this is not to come anytime soon.
- the UI is way too small by today's standards and make the synth difficult to use for tweaking, so my second request is a larger UI.

I know some of these items are planned, but since I see no updates on them for months, I am posting this message so hopefully we can have some news. Thanks!

--oli

Sebastian@d16

Re: Feedback / requests

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 am

Hi Oli54,
I cannot use the synth at 96Khz, because it keeps on emitting cracks and other artifacts, due to CPU overload probably. I am using a 4-core i7 Mac Pro + firewire sound interface. I guess the main things to address here are code optimizations (if possible) and threading support
I'm sorry, but i haven't got any info i'd be allowed to publish yet from the development team. Multi core threading won't appear anytime soon due to complexity of this task; plug-in by specification is not allowed to create threads on its own, which would solve this problem instantly if it did, so to achieve that we need to apply some tricks to fool OS - but then again this also isn't very hard. The hard part is to make it as elegant as possible, to make it running on all platforms (considering CPU families, OS versions and architectures (32bit and 64bit)).
your next update seem to be Pro Tools compatibility: even though this is nice for Pro Tools user, this is of no interest to users of other DAWs, can we count on other features part of the next update?
he UI is way too small by today's standards and make the synth difficult to use for tweaking, so my second request is a larger UI.
We had to switch priorities a bit in those two tasks and due to some adjustments we're making to our framework we were forced to implement skinning option before adding compatibility with ProTools DAW. So you may expect update containing selectable GUIs (including one in HD resolution) sooner than RTAS / AAX version of LuSH. But still, no dates at the moment, i'm sorry, i just don't have any reliable information from developers.

Best regards,
Sebastian