FEATURE REQUEST HERE

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Sebastian@d16

Re: FEATURE REQUEST HERE

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Stephan,

ad1. That's already on our ToDo list.

ad2. Fine idea, but i'm afraid it'll be left for 2.x version.

ad3. Maybe selectable as additional wave for Suboscillator, what do you think? I know we could just add another slider, but we also need to think about keeping the GUI compact - it's already forest of knobs.

ad4. Another fine idea. We've already though about that, however we're still hesitating how we should realize that - i mean what parameters should be presented, because we don't intend to make full scaled FM synth from LuSH :) just simple two operator oscillator should do the thing i guess. What are your thoughts?

ad5. Beside the english manual, other versions are prepared by volunteers, if you know someone would be great :)

Kind regards,
Sebastian

LimboLoves

Post by LimboLoves » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello guys from Poland!

Any news on the update for Lush 101? I know they take time but I was itching for an update :D

Thanks!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:07 am

Hi,

At the moment things have slowed down a bit if comes to LuSH-101 development, mainly due to work we have with maintenance updates; SilverLine Collection 1.4 was recently released and now it's time to give some love to our Classic Boxes too.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

triphase

Post by triphase » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:15 pm

+1 for the microLuSH (one layer, no fx),
and then you could make the LuSH mixer a independent fx-plugin (would be great to be able to mix, fx and compress the Drumazon multi-outputs and friends)
an other way, would be to have audio in's in the LuSH...

i have to express my admiration for D16 plugin's... i tested them with Five12-Numerology, it's the bomb !

and then, i know it's not the good place, but : for the drumazon and other TR and TB, a no sequencer skin state would be appreciate by many, me think.

Last point, may be, i think others have already asked, you could imagine something like a S950... (dirty punchy oldschool simple sampler, no "i can do everything" gear).

Cheer, big up, etc

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:02 am

Hi Triphase,

Thanks for your suggestions, most for the ones concerning making lite versions of our flag ship synth and drum machines. These were raised on many occasions and we seriously considering making them.

As for the S950 emulator i don't think it's necessary to go for it, especially there's Decimort out there ready to serve (very convincingly) as AD DA emulator - if you value the S950 the most for its sound characteristics.

Cheers,
Seb

triphase

Post by triphase » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14 am

the point about some kind of s950 emulation, or this kind of sampler, is, i guess, also about interface. Look and feel. You at D16 surely know the value of these :)
I did use, long time ago, a S950 and a S760, both being a pain in the ass to use but :
- in the digital plugings world, we're stuck with very simple samplers (like the simpler in Ableton Live) or very over-complicated ones (say Kontact).
- i found none of them able to load a bunch of samples in memory and then turn a wheel to find the good sample while playing with no silence ("wait, i'm reading from the disk"). I know disks are faster and faster, but it still does not work smoothly enough.
- i also guess most of us while using D16 products are trying to reproduce a virtual analog replica studio. For that purpose, you gave us the drumboxs, the synths, the FXs, we now are looking forward for a mixer (the LuSH one would be perfect) and a sampler. Simple logic.

Sorry to be a bit pushy, but these feel so obvious... and we can't expect any other software designer than D16 to come up with a good solution.

By the way, you're quick answers are very appreciated :) Thanks.

Browsing thru D16 plugins windows with one key shortcut (cmd+>) is a very important point of my workflow. Every one should try. Makes it so simple, you can make music with ears (and eyes) not with brain.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:46 am

Hi,

These are good points :) I'm not sure if we ever decide to do exact emulation of particular sampler rather than to inspire ourselves with few classic models and make compilation of best features in each in order to get one coolest unit.

Cheers,
Sebastian

triphase

Post by triphase » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:08 pm

dziękuję !

:D

Surgeon11

Post by Surgeon11 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Feature requests:

I would appreciate an undo button that undoes the last change I made (its often too easy to ruin a sound you've spent ages crafting by one careless click of a button / knocking a slider on a controller.)

Similar to the above and A/B button would be awesome to compare my changes to the original preset, (similar to the controls on fabfilter plugins.)

Finally I would really like a new sound bank or two, the presets you guys made originally are awesome! more of these would be great!!!

d.j.steve

Post by d.j.steve » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 am

Hi, any news on the update for Lush 101? .... last update 12.2013 :roll:

Thanks

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

Hi,

At the moment we're focused on maintenance updates; recently SilverLine Collection update were released and now the update of Classic Boxes is coming rapidly (within few days Release Candidate should be provided to licensees). After then you may expect Sigmund and Lush-101 to be updated as well.

Cheers,
Sebastian

stardustmedia

Post by stardustmedia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:16 am

Maybe already covered: A macro layer that controls all other 8, e.g. in a relative proportions. That'd make automation of complex 8-layered sounds much easier.
stardustmedia
high end analog music services
murat

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:21 pm

stardustmedia wrote:Maybe already covered: A macro layer that controls all other 8, e.g. in a relative proportions. That'd make automation of complex 8-layered sounds much easier.
Macro knobs are on ToDo list already :) Definitely worth-including feature.

Cheers,
Sebastian

stardustmedia

Post by stardustmedia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:Maybe already covered: A macro layer that controls all other 8, e.g. in a relative proportions. That'd make automation of complex 8-layered sounds much easier.
Macro knobs are on ToDo list already :) Definitely worth-including feature.

Cheers,
Sebastian
Yoohoo... this missing macro layer prevents me very often to use Lush. For a single sound I rather open TAL at the moment, sorry ;)
stardustmedia
high end analog music services
murat

the fiddler

Post by the fiddler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Firstly I love LuSH101 I have a lot of software synths and this is my go to synth every time. None the less there are some additional functions I would like to see.

1. Additional Osc or Osc offset to provide the possibility of 5ths, 7ths and general discord.
2. FM modulation.

Obviously you guys know your code and the best way to achieve this but it occurred to me a relatively simple way of getting to this point would be to give the LFO's an option to operate in the audio range.
These already have the necessary modulation paths for FM and you could maybe bring up the audio paths from the LFOs up to the mixer on the Supersaw parameters when Supersaw is not selected. This would give added functionality without additional GUI clutter and even give the option of triangle waves as audio sources.