Presets Not Recalling Properly

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
screentan

Presets Not Recalling Properly

Post by screentan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi

I'm using Toraverb with Cubase SX3.1.1 on Win XP SP3. For some reason when I save presets they do not recall properly i.e. the wet gain knob is not in the position it was in when the preset is saved. I have tried using Toraverb's own preset manager as well as the Cubase Save Effect menu option and also Cubase Store Preset menu option. All 3 options fail to recall the preset properly. Fortunately Cubase will open Toraverb in the state that the Cubase project was saved in but actual Toraverb preset saving does not appear to work correctly in my experience to date.

Thanks

Sebastian@d16

Re: Presets Not Recalling Properly

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:42 am

Hi,

For starters, to save presets, you have to use internal functionality of Toraverb (functionality available on GUI), not host's wrapper functions. Before storing a preset to a file
you need to "store" it (PC: CTRL + "browse" button, MAC: APPLE + "browse" button), and then save it to a file. The same concerns saving banks, each preset has to be stored before
switching to another one, if you wish to keep changes made in a preset.

Best regards,
Sebastian

screentan

Post by screentan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks Sebastian, by saying:
Sebastian@d16 wrote:Before storing a preset to a file
you need to "store" it (PC: CTRL + "browse" button, MAC: APPLE + "browse" button), and then save it to a file.
do you mean using ToraVerb's own preset manager? If so, I have already tried this and it also did not work.

Many thanks.
Michael

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi,

Yes. That's what I meant. Could you do following actions:

- insert Toraverb,
- use "save preset" option under "browse" menu (to save first factory preset "Cristal Cave [d/w]")
- save it as 1.trprs
- tweak the DRY/WET knob to the max (web position)
- use CTRL + Browse button
- again use "save preset" option,
- save it as 2.trprs

Send those two files at support[at]d16[dot]pl

Best regards,
Sebastian