Space Bar setting BD Level to Zero

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
computer controlled

Space Bar setting BD Level to Zero

Post by computer controlled » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:08 pm

For some strange reason, when i press my space bar to stop my sequencer, it resets the BD volume to zero. I'm using Sonar 8 Producer. It just started doing this. I'm using a Novation Remote ZeroSL to control the parameters in Nithonat, and i've tried unlinking the BD volume to it's controller, but it still does it. Does this happen to anyone else??

I'm also having a funny controller issue with Drumazon, which i will post over to the appropriate forum.
SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . JP-08 . TT-303 . Bass Station . Eurorack Modular . Push

Sebastian@d16

Re: Space Bar setting BD Level to Zero

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 am

Hi,

There was exactly the same problem posted about Drumazon and Sonar 8 setting level for BD (if my memory serves) too. Because Sonar makes a very weird thing when you press play. It sets Modulation wheel (midi CC #01) to zero, and problem in that situation was a midi CC linkage with certain controls on GUI.

I'm going to look for it here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi,

I made a tests using the latest version of Sonar 8 producer edition. You have to have mapped midi CC01 to BD Volume, because starting new instance of Nithonat within newly created project, after pressing a spacebar doesn't change any parameter in Nithonat.

As I said in previous post, Sonar resets CC01 to 0 after each time you press "play" in a transport panel (or use space bar button).

Best regards,
Sebastian

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Yes, CC01 is BD volume. Same with Drumazon, but it doesn't happen with that. When i get Sonar back up and running, i'll map it to a different CC # and see what happens. Thanks =o]
SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . JP-08 . TT-303 . Bass Station . Eurorack Modular . Push