D16 plugins on Windows 8

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Machek

D16 plugins on Windows 8

Post by Machek » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi guys,

New to this forum but not new to D16 vsts and I got a little question. I upgraded/updated my hardware recently and D16 products I was using and loving -such as the Decimort- on my former Windows Vista PC just don't work on my new Windows 8 loaded computer. I checked the compatibility of these plugins on their website and indeed it only specifies that it works on XP, Vista and 7.

I'm really embarrassed about this and I'd like to know if there's a way around that or if D16 plans on updating its products to make it Windows8 compatible soon ?

Thanks for your answers.
Peace.

Sebastian@d16

Re: D16 plugins on Windows 8

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Machek,

That's true that we haven't tested our software on Windows 8 yet, however it's highly unlikely it won't work. Just tell me more about the computer setup you're working on:

- What's host app are you using there + version of it + information if it's 32bit or 64bit host app?
- What version of Decimort did you install, was it 32bit or 64bit (you can check it in about window of Decimort if you aren't sure)?
- Did you install the latest version of Decimort, namely 1.3.1?

Also what's exactly happens when you try to use Decimort, does it crashes your host app when you try to load it, or crashes your host app during the work with your projects or maybe it's not visible on plug-ins list?

Thank you in advance for information,

Best regards,
Sebastian