CPU ByPass for All silver line

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
LiquidProj3ct

CPU ByPass for All silver line

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:49 am

...specially Decimort.

This is a small wish. Sometimes I use Decimort as a distortion unit instead a degrader/bitcrusher. I think it could do some inteligent CPU usage, when you don't use the bitcrusher/filters/degraders it could bypass them individually, so it will be cpu friendlier. Same for all SilverLine (even nepheton/drumazon/nithonat that they use the same cpu with one single sound that with 10 sounds).

Best regards

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi,

We've found way how to improve efficiency in all our SilverLines, we're going to release Toraverb update really soon, and this one will be the first one that implements this approach.

I'm afraid it's impossible to separate resampler and bit crusher, those are highly connected. Filters can be turned off in Decimort already, but you won't see any significant difference in CPU usage, because filters are not too hungry for CPU.

Nepheton, Drumazon and Nithonat in fact consume as much CPU as they require. That means if you play simple pattern and after then some very complex pattern appear with all steps set on every track, you can expect raising CPU usage. Each of instruments has set a processing threshold, if audio signal outgoing from particular instrument is less than threshold's value, that instrument is excluded from processing path.

Best regards,
Sebastian

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks for detailed answer Sebastian :)