Problems on Cubase Studio 4

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
mrkprod

Problems on Cubase Studio 4

Post by mrkprod » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:28 am

Whichones is the minimum system for run Decimort without problems?

I bought Decimort, and my CPU usage when i load a decimator is too loud!!

Isnt normal.... I can use tracks3, etc etc, without problem...

Which are the minimun requirements?

I use CUbase Studio 4, and M-Audio Project MIX.

And Im desperated because Decirmort sounds hot... but i cant use it!!!

Thanks.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:41 am

Hi,

Usually Cubase spread the CPU usage among the tracks, so if You have a two core processor and even tracks are assigned to first core and odd tracks to second core. That's the way how it utilizes CPU resources.

Decimort is a CPU hog ;) it's a fact.

- Please tell me what percentage usage of CPU causes Decimort on Your system? (insert single audio track with a wave on it and add there a single instance of Decimort)

- What processor do You use?
- What OS?

Thank You and best regards,
Sebastian

frankiedeceased

Decimort, cubase cpu issues

Post by frankiedeceased » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:56 pm

I too also use Cubase 4, and 1 instance of decimort consumes up to 50 % of my available CPU power. I am on windows XP, with a AMD Athlon x2 4200 dual core 2.2 ghz cpu and 3 Gb of ram. I also own Devastor and this uses only a fraction of the processing power compared to Decimort. I also use it with FL studio 8, and it doesn't seem to use anywhere near as much cpu power as in Cubase. Is this a known issue at all with the plug-in? I hace checked and the multi-processing option in cubase is definitley switched on.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 am

Hi,

First of all I must say Decimort is CPU hog :). CPU usage metering in Cubase and FL Studio differs a lot. FL Studio make some kind of average value from all cores, where as Cubase shows the single core's usage with the maximum value.

Cubase spreads CPU cores usage among the tracks. In two core based systems even tracks are processed by first core, odd tracks by second core.

That's the reason why Your reading from two different host differs between each other.

Best regards,
Sebastian

mrkprod

Post by mrkprod » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:34 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

First of all I must say Decimort is CPU hog :). CPU usage metering in Cubase and FL Studio differs a lot. FL Studio make some kind of average value from all cores, where as Cubase shows the single core's usage with the maximum value.

Cubase spreads CPU cores usage among the tracks. In two core based systems even tracks are processed by first core, odd tracks by second core.

That's the reason why Your reading from two different host differs between each other.

Best regards,
Sebastian
I dont understand, before i had a opteron dual 1400 and decimator dont work...but now i have Phenom 9550 Quad-Core 2200Mhz 4GB RAM and still i cant load more of one plugins, and with one if i have loaded other plugins either work....

What is the solution?

I use Cubase 4 the lastest version and Windows Vista x64 SP1

Please! I need a solution.

What is the system requirements?

Thanks for all.
Decimator is a great plugin!!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:11 am

Hey,

Decimort should run smoothly on such processor. Can You insert only one Decimort? how does it manifest? High CPU usage or something happens when You try to insert another Decimort (Cubase crashes)?

Best regards,
Sebastian

mrkprod

Post by mrkprod » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:29 pm

High CPU usage and clicks on sound in cubase.

Really i cant use it in either of my projects (mixing projects, productions projects, etc)

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 am

Hi,

What soundcard do You use?

Do the clicks appear also on exported/mixdowned tracks?

Best regards,
Sebastian