Decimort first public beta.

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
JazzyPidjay

Post by JazzyPidjay » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:23 am

Ok!

i believe it's the right choice too!

i'll take this as a 'creativ limitation' !

thanks

PJ

Igor

Post by Igor » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

Thank You very much for Your kind words.

I'm afraid Decimort cannot be optimized significantly (few percents max), mainly because we applied there the latest DSP algorithms developed after the year 2000, among the others band limited wave shaping, it was necessary to achieve high quality sound of Decimort. We decided to do so, instead making ordinary oversampling, because modern processors became very powerfull, and it's the right time to use modern algorightms providing the highest possible quality.

Best regards,
Sebastian
I think that is why no one other plugins by other developres can't stand near the REAL HIGH QUALITY of Silver line. Silver line is so real!

Shy

Post by Shy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:06 am

Will more decimation types be added? Or at least some parameters to adjust the behavior of the decimation would be useful.

ostiknostis

Post by ostiknostis » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:53 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote: ... We decided to do so, instead making ordinary oversampling, because modern processors became very powerfull, and it's the right time to use modern algorightms providing the highest possible quality.
QFT

noiseblast

Re: Heavy Decimort CPU Load

Post by noiseblast » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:31 pm

Freeze early, freeze often. It's the only way to go and it's real easy to do in Cubase.

I imagine that "emulating" these great old samplers is very computationally intensive. But it's worth it . Decimort sounds absolutely great.