Preset Manager, preset storing

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Trancer Spacey

Preset Manager, preset storing

Post by Trancer Spacey » Fri May 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi,

I just wondering, where the factory presets and banks are stored? I searched some d16-folders but found nothing. When I add a group with the preset manger, where is this group stored?
Just a suggestion: it would be more comfortable, when you could add not only groups but new Banks with preset-manager too.

And by the way: the silverline-plugins are really sounding amazing! Brilliant job! :D

Sebastian@d16

Re: Preset Manager, preset storing

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:41 am

Hi,

Factory bank isn't kept on disk, it's compiled into the plug-in's binaries. But if you have prepared your own preset bank or few presets you would like to gather into the bank and then make it the factory bank, it's possible - just check out the "Default resources" chapter in manual.

Btw. in future releases we're going to change the preset management a bit, and make it stored on disk entirely (even factory presets). It's more comfortable when you want to extend the collection of existing presets or just exchange presets with someone else.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Trancer Spacey

Re: Preset Manager, preset storing

Post by Trancer Spacey » Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 am

Ah, ok. Now I understand. Thank you, Sebastian.