devastor incompatible with os x 10.5.8?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
aktivomat

devastor incompatible with os x 10.5.8?

Post by aktivomat » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:10 pm

hey there!

just tried to use the demo on my mac with 10.5.8 but when i open it in any host i only get a blanc gui. i really heard so many good things about the devastor. but before i buy it i wanted to test it. so is this just a demo problem or a problem of 10.5.8?

thanx for your answere in advance!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:28 am

Hi,

Basically demo version and full version are the same binaries. So please hold on Yourself for a time, when updates will come out, with purchasing this plug-in, if at Your computer set it doesn't work properly. We're working currently on fixing this issue.

Best regards,
Sebastian

aktivomat

Post by aktivomat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:20 am

hey sebastian!

thank you for your reply. i recognised that i had the same problem with other plugins so i contacted first the apple support... no solution. then i contacted another plugin company (don't want to make advertisings :wink: ), i had the same problem with. they knew immediately about this problem even only very less people have this problem and they gave me a workaround how to solve the problem:

1 Remove any additional displays that are connected to the Mac, restart, open System Preferences -> Monitors.
2 Switch Colors to a lower value (i.e. from 16.7 millions to 32786, or "Millions" to "thousands").
3 restart the Mac
4 Start Host and open the Plugin
5 The window should now no longer be white.
6 Quit Host
7 Switch colors back to original value.
8 restart the Mac
9 Start Host and open the Plugin again - the window should still be drawn correctly!

that's it. really strange thing. anyway thank you for your support. finally i gave devastor a try and... its fantastic!! so i'll buy it soon for sure.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:14 am

Hey,

Thanks for sharing this solution with other forum readers! Maybe I should put it as FAQ entry, what do You think?

I was growing with windows, I thought it's a werid OS, but seems MacOS has also its misbehaves :)

Best regards,
Sebastian

aktivomat

Post by aktivomat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:35 pm

ola!

of course i share my solutions with others! i thought this is one of the most important things in a forum isn't it? anyway, as i mentioned, this problem seems to be very rare. but this makes it very difficult to find a solution IF you have this problem because i searched the whole web with no success. so feel free to be the first company posting it in their faqs :-)

and about macos... the problem started since it's unix and f***intel inside. before it was in fact the most transparent and stabil system ever! almost like atari st :-)

have a nice weekend!