User Settings in Nepheton.ini

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Acidhead

User Settings in Nepheton.ini

Post by Acidhead » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:00 am

When you guys are done celebrating the release and sleeping off your hangover, please share some information on how to hack this thing. 8)

I'm wondering what the line

Code: Select all

Statistics ttm="0"/
does and what other values it takes. Same for

<InternalSequencer [...snip...] extSyncType="transportChange"/>
Are there any other things I can change under the hood, like max. envelope decay time for individual sounds etc. ?

Przemek@d16

Re: User Settings in Nepheton.ini

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:08 pm

There is no many to hack here :)
Acidhead wrote: I'm wondering what the line

Statistics ttm="0"/
does and what other values it takes. [/code]
really nothing - it's just completely internal devs' statistic value.
Same for

<InternalSequencer [...snip...] extSyncType="transportChange"/>
This is the setting which you could change from the Settings window. It tells the Nepheton when it should start the internal playback (native 808 mode), when the transport on host change or when the lowest C NoteOn comes.
Are there any other things I can change under the hood, like max. envelope decay time for individual sounds etc. ?
In many cases it could be hard even to tell what are safe values, ranges etc. you can give. The other problem is that some of values could not be changed because of optimizations which have been done for the actual specific values.

But I don't shut out adding something like this if we'll do some update and it will be occasion.

Cheers,
Przemek

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:18 pm

Ok, thanks for the info. Since most value ranges have already been expanded beyond the 808's ranges, there is not much need to hack anyway. 8)

So if I'd want the Nepheton to start playing only after the lowest C note plays, what value does it take instead of "transportChange" ?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi,

It'll be set on "lowestNote", but it's completely unnecessary to know ;) since You're able to change it within a Settings Window.

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:56 pm

You're quite right Sebastian, it was a rather unnecessary question. Thanks anyway!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:06 pm

Messing with Nepheton.ini is often useful :). E.g. changing Drum Mapping for external mode.