Drumazon and Nepheton not found in Cubase 4

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
earthshyt

Drumazon and Nepheton not found in Cubase 4

Post by earthshyt » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi!
I recently bought the PC package with the three fantastic VST-Plugins. However, I reinstalled my System, just installed Cubase 4, then the plugins, and unfortunatly drumazon and nepheton are not found by cubase, while physcyon works fine...how to get the synths to work?!

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:27 pm

did you go to the vst plugin folder (in cubase4 menu) and add a vst 2.4 folder for vst plugins dir wherey ou have d16 group plugins ?

and are those inside c:\program files\vstplugins or c:\program files\d16 group\vstplugins ? (if they are in the last, you need to add this as a "2.4 vst plugin" folder item
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

earthshyt

Post by earthshyt » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:38 pm

Yes. I did so. They are all three in one folder - but only phoscyon is found. The other two vsti are not found. I got a freeware vst host - same here! Only phoscyon is usable!
I redownloaded the files...nothing happened. I installed the cubase 4 update and hotfix...nothing!

is it possible that it has got something to do with Microsoft NET Framework I installed before?!

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:14 pm

Yes you need to have .Net framework installed on your machine. If you have the latest one then all should be ok.

But before that please try to remove all "D16 Group" folder content and run Cubase without plugins installed. Then install it once again and all should be good.

I paste below fragment of message from another user who had the same problem (probably Cubase caches the informations and even after reinstalling .Net it doesn't want to refresh it properly)
*Installed Microsoft Framenetwork 2.0 and 3.0.
*Reboot
*Started Cubase
-> Nepheton still not working

*Started Cubase again and checked for Plugins
-> Nepheton not working

* Deleted all Nepheton dlls and licenses
* Installed Nepheton again
-> no way

* Created a new folder "D16 test"
* Installed Nepheton there without the license key
-> Bingo - Cubase recognizes Nepheton for the first time correctly. If I
start Nepheton, of course it asks for the license file...
-> Nepheton is working !
We must to investigate it deeper in the future but the quoting above should help you.

Cheers,
Przemek

earthshyt

Post by earthshyt » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Did exactly what you said...but still only phoscyon is shown in the plugins list...:-(
As far as I know Mircrosoft NET Framework 2.0 is the latest Version, right?
For some Reason my ATI graphics adapter installer the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable prog. Is it possible that there might be a conflict with your dll`s?!

earthshyt

Post by earthshyt » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:07 pm

oh...it seems to be version 3.0. Just installing it and tell you if it solved the problem....

earthshyt

Post by earthshyt » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Installed Framework 3.0. Still the same problem: Only phoscyon is recognized, drumazon and nephreton don´t appear in the plugins list....I don´t know what to do!

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Did you try to delete and create folder with another name (like "D16 test" in the example) ?

Cheers,
Przemek

earthshyt

Post by earthshyt » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:42 pm

Yes. Thanks for Your efforts, I found the problem and the solution in this forum:

http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=550

So I copied the two missing files into the system32 folder, removed the vst folder in cubase and added it again and voil??...

phew! ;-)

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Really strange because I wanted to extend the FAQ thread you wrote about with the informations about .Net etc. I thought that .Net contains these .dlls (as MS says ;))

The DLL hell ;)

Anyway good that everything works ok now :)

Cheers,
Przemek