Nepheton beta version (0.9.1)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Przemek@d16

Nepheton beta version (0.9.1)

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:00 am

New Nepheton v.0.9.1 is available - we've changed most important bugs. New version will follow soon.

Installation and registration procedure is exactly the same like with our other products. This temporary License Key file allows for running as full version till May 29-th (probable release date). If it takes longer we'll publish new trial Key file...

Changes:
- fixed bug with setting actual pattern when entering Pattern Write mode
- fixed bug with resetting instrument selection after closing editor
- fixed bug with crashing after reopening editor made after changing Accent steps

Cheers,
Przemek
Last edited by Przemek@d16 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed May 23, 2007 11:15 am

I needed to delete my old ini to make this version work (just a tip)
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:40 am

hmmm strange ... it should not be needed but anyway thanks for hint.

Cheers,
Przemek

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed May 23, 2007 12:08 pm

strange indee,d because I cound't reproduce once I put the ini from the

I'm going to delete this version, put all files back as they were because I put them in a zip file , and then try again to see where it is (becaus I guess it's important to know exactly)

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:13 pm

OK. We'll see if other users notice any problems with the .ini file. Technicaly speaking we have not changed any things which could affect in differences in .ini file.

Cheers,
Przemek

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed May 23, 2007 12:50 pm

sorry, I've investigated and it seemed that the previous version of nepheton wrote a corrupted simple pattern bank,

thats why it couldn't load this with the ini.. I had configured banks in the settings window...

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed May 23, 2007 1:11 pm

I don't know if this really is a bug, but it's also present in the last version, but when you want to save your patterns or bank and you want to name it a new name, you always have to write the extention with it or else the file wont be written..

Isn't it better that you just write a name like mybank, and the program adds the proper extention ?

also, an aesthetic thingy: I don't know if it's much but you can see the progress leds off the beat counts when you are NOT in pattern write mode..

shouldn't you just see the lights on the button that represent patern slot without seeing the progress beats running ?

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:21 pm

CosmicD wrote:I don't know if this really is a bug, but it's also present in the last version, but when you want to save your patterns or bank and you want to name it a new name, you always have to write the extention with it or else the file wont be written..

Isn't it better that you just write a name like mybank, and the program adds the proper extention ?
Yes it would but it depends on host in many cases and I'm not sure at the moment if we can change it from the plugin side. We'll investigate it deeper and let you know.
also, an aesthetic thingy: I don't know if it's much but you can see the progress leds off the beat counts when you are NOT in pattern write mode..

shouldn't you just see the lights on the button that represent patern slot without seeing the progress beats running ?
The same behavior is in the 808. We can change it of course but if the progress beat is running outside the Pattern Write mode you can see what is actual position in played pattern which could be helpful sometimes.

Cheers,
Przemek

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed May 23, 2007 1:23 pm

ah.. ok well it's not a problem, i never had an 808, it just looked a bit weird to me but no prob...

quantize

Post by quantize » Wed May 23, 2007 1:38 pm

Sounds really great guys..

couple of thoughts tho...

the cymbal sounds much more like a 606 than a 808...the kind of ringing tone thing is more prevalent in the 606..the 808 one is a bit smoother..

Also the handclap, which i do like, also sounds quite different from an 808..the bass drum tone also is a little different..

Not a criticism at all, i love the soundset..just saying.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Wed May 23, 2007 3:33 pm

just started testing in host mode:

randomize doesn't work properly - changing the randomize threshold makes no difference (seems like it's on maximum threshold)
the randomize message "accpt/undo' doesn't appear

the 'follow' button doesn't have any effect

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Wed May 23, 2007 3:38 pm

feature suggestion:

right click clears a step (no matter what state it's in) + if you drag across step buttons it'll clear those too

eg: Image

at the moment, if I want to remove steps 4 thru 8, I have to click the mouse 9 times (twice for steps 4,5,7 and 8 and once for 6) and move the mouse 5 times.
with dragging enabled, it'd be a lot simpler - just a right mouse-down on step 4 and drag to the right

semtek

Post by semtek » Wed May 23, 2007 4:15 pm

Msc osx 10.4.9
Intel
Live 6.0.7

Latest bug addition:

Just tried saving banks and patterns, but files aren't created in the browser.

Otherwise, sound is FAT :twisted:

Pac

Post by Pac » Wed May 23, 2007 5:42 pm

*every* 808 will sound "a little" different mainly due to the internal pots and tolerances in manufacturing
I think this VSTi is a killer already. Well done guys!

janec

Post by janec » Wed May 23, 2007 6:45 pm

After the Roland Corp. action i remember someone (dont know who though) said that it would be nice to make Nepheton and Drumazon skinable. Is a skinable GUI going to be a feature that we will see in the release (or is it already there and i cant find it)? I love the standard GUI but a skinable GUI would be great!