NR-808 2015

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions

NR-808 2015

Postby mojses » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:51 am

2015 JUST IN NEPHETON big analog GUI..... i can dream please
Attachments
NR-808.jpg
NR-808.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 11088 times
mojses
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Re: NR-808 2015

Postby Lixma » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:44 am

I love Nepheton, I only wish for 3 things in Nepheton v2.

1) Drag 'n' Drop MIDI patterns.

2) Ability to fill a whole pattern by holding mouse and 'sweeping' across the step buttons (like Audiorealism ADM)

3) Delay, reverb effects for each instrument.
Lixma
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: NR-808 2015

Postby Puranon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:33 am

Lixma wrote:3) Delay, reverb effects for each instrument.

But why ask for this when you can route each instrument to an exclusive output in any DAW mixer? TR-808 never had any built in FX. FX inserts and sends of any type can be applied at the mixing board.
Puranon
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 am

Re: NR-808 2015

Postby Lixma » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:14 pm

Puranon wrote:
Lixma wrote:3) Delay, reverb effects for each instrument.

But why ask for this when you can route each instrument to an exclusive output in any DAW mixer? TR-808 never had any built in FX. FX inserts and sends of any type can be applied at the mixing board.

Because it's a million times easier and quicker than faffing about with extra tracks and I/O routing etc.

:D
Lixma
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: NR-808 2015

Postby Puranon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Silver line are not standalone synths, so you cannot even use them outside a VST Host. Internal FX just clutter and complicate the purpose and you always get better dedicated 3rd party FX when they are not linked to a synth anyway. Its a much better idea to focus on bugs and perfecting 808 synthesis.
Puranon
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 am

Re: NR-808 2015

Postby Szymon@d16 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:03 pm

mojses wrote:2015 JUST IN NEPHETON big analog GUI..... i can dream please

That would look very cool.
However numerous approaches are apparent:
1. The one that makes you want the toy.
- perfect, shiny GUI (the early NI kind of tactics: B3, FM7, ..., until Massive arrived and was just thick virtual ugly knobs), attractive to young producers to have a bit of fun
2. The hard-core in work but disgusting in look tools like MDA plugins with practically no GUI at all, but just doing the job.
3. The in-between position: plugins working ok, and looking ok too.
4. The all areas coverance: working hard-core awesome, and looking hard-core awesome.

D16 tactics is pretty much follows the 4rth direction, but UNTIL it is really worth it, bound from the CPU side.
Mind graphics eat LOOOADS of memory (thus the long loading of some plugins, thus limitations on the actual performance.
Many spectacular, visually spotless instruments lack the precision of performacne and proivide artefacts due to digital processing bound by 22khz border.

The main goal after all, is to provide the premium grade sound effect and this manner is the last to abandon.

Best regards,
Szymon.
Attachments
10402775_10153399010354815_5776391570518395420_n.png
New plugin's interface. As an instance of ugly design ;)
10402775_10153399010354815_5776391570518395420_n.png (244.05 KiB) Viewed 11064 times
Szymon@d16
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: NR-808 2015

Postby Szymon@d16 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Lixma wrote:
Puranon wrote:
Lixma wrote:3) Delay, reverb effects for each instrument.

But why ask for this when you can route each instrument to an exclusive output in any DAW mixer? TR-808 never had any built in FX. FX inserts and sends of any type can be applied at the mixing board.

Because it's a million times easier and quicker than faffing about with extra tracks and I/O routing etc.

:D

Puranon's idea is the one corresponding to ours.
Multiple outs are anyway an extra, as compared to the original predecessor. Therefore application of effects on separate tracks is being done outside the machine.
Inserting further effects into the device, during the initial designing period, has been considered "quite too much".
Vast majority of Nepheton's users seems satisfied with such design of the machine. Some even have shared the preseted multi-out Live projects.

Check out for it within this category:
viewforum.php?f=11

Best regards!
Szymon.
Szymon@d16
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: NR-808 2015

Postby Szymon@d16 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Lixma wrote:I love Nepheton, I only wish for 3 things in Nepheton v2.

1) Drag 'n' Drop MIDI patterns.

2) Ability to fill a whole pattern by holding mouse and 'sweeping' across the step buttons (like Audiorealism ADM)

3) Delay, reverb effects for each instrument.


We are in the process of designing it.
I promise we take every suggestion.

Szymon.
Szymon@d16
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:11 pm


Return to NEPHETON

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron