NEPHETON and PHOSCYON not saving patches

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
onesnzeros

NEPHETON and PHOSCYON not saving patches

Post by onesnzeros » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:51 am

Hi there,
I'm trying to export patches from both these plugs in Ableton Live v8.2.2...
I save a bank and a preset with the plugin interface, and I save an FXP and FXB with the Live interface and all of the patches are saved with the default settings. When I load the patch in Cubase it dunt work, more to the point I've had a look with notepad and the values are all at .5 etc no matter what I call the patch or where the settings are when I save. So it's not a problem with Cubase.
Since Ableton Live 7 I've had the same problem, except in Ableton 7 either the FXP or the FXB would work properly (i can't remember which one)...
It's doing my head in, is there an internal setting which is preventing the patch saving properly?
It happens on 2 different machines I own. None of the D16 Plugs save patches which contain the actuall settings I've saved.

Thank you for your help!

Simon

onesnzeros

Re: NEPHETON and PHOSCYON not saving patches

Post by onesnzeros » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:40 pm

...I've found a temporary workaround.
The only patch that saves any relevent data is to save an FXB with the Ableton preset saving interface. I then open the bank in VST Host (a wonderful little program), then save the bank with another name. That bank then opens properly in Cubase.

It's a pain in the ass though. Why do these plugins save patches that are useable?? The native format for the plugins (patch and bank) are both useless. Even to save the patch/bank, then open it back into the same instance, all the controlls are immediately returned to their default positions...

:?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 am

Hi,

I advise you to use internal Nepheton and Phosycon's functionality instead of using FXB, FXP export. Take a look at manual in sections; preset management (saving presets and loading presets) and pattern editing (there's mentioned how to save pattern and load it up) --- because presets concern to sound settings and they do not aggregate patterns, so you have to save them separately (sound settings and patterns).

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:44 am

one more thing... you need to "store" the preset before saving it (preset management chapter explains this too).