Nepheton Host Mode Pattern Problem. Please Help.

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Mojo

Nepheton Host Mode Pattern Problem. Please Help.

Post by Mojo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am

Hello, I'm using Nepheton in host mode and when I'm trying to copy pattern: "CTRL+copy" and past in next free one - it keeps blinking "Pattern copied". It copies, but like I mentioned keeps blinking even after I press "Accept" and it gets a little bit confused later when I have more patterns as I can't change the name, so basically I have a lot of patterns with the same name, something like in this image here:
Is there any way to sort it out? I'm on FL Studio. Thanks.

Sebastian@d16

Re: Nepheton Host Mode Pattern Problem. Please Help.

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 am

You're right. It's a bug. Thank you for letting me know.

For the time being you can make a way around, when you paste a pattern and Nepheton keeps saying that pattern is copied, just turn off host mode for a moment, and
turn on it again. Now you'll be able to enter the name of pattern.

We're going to fix it ASAP.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Mojo

Post by Mojo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Ok, thank you. Probably this happens with other machines Drumazon and Nithonat, as I only have Nepheton so didn't had a chance to check.
Also one more thing it would be great if you could add possibility in the future to play two, three or more patterns at once from the same machine. :D It probably sounds crazy as now plugins work in analog way like real TR's, but it would be great to program one pattern of bass drums, another of hi hats and so on and mix them together. Now you need program patterns and keep on copying.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:37 am

Mojo wrote:Ok, thank you. Probably this happens with other machines Drumazon and Nithonat, as I only have Nepheton so didn't had a chance to check.
Also one more thing it would be great if you could add possibility in the future to play two, three or more patterns at once from the same machine. :D It probably sounds crazy as now plugins work in analog way like real TR's, but it would be great to program one pattern of bass drums, another of hi hats and so on and mix them together. Now you need program patterns and keep on copying.
I think it's cool idea :) certainly if you use the same instrument in both patterns playing at the time and in both those patterns the same steps are set, then drum machine needs to
play arbitrarily only one of them, because all drum instruments are mono.

Mojo

Post by Mojo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I understand that they are mono and only one can play at the time, but like I said it would be great to be able to play separate instruments programed on seperate patterns at the same time. It is not necessary only suggestion. :D