Is it possible to play notes with the midi keyboard ?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Simontemplar

Is it possible to play notes with the midi keyboard ?

Post by Simontemplar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey this might be a stupid question but is it possible to play like different notes with nepheton using the midikeyboard ? Just like you would on a synth ? because i only get like a layout on the midi keyboard with different sounds. and i would like to play something with the sub/kick on different notes. Thx :)

ArguZ

Re: Is it possible to play notes with the midi keyboard ?

Post by ArguZ » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Sure, stop it, uncheck Int Seq.
Now its in midi mode and takes in key commands in a general midi drum mapping style.
When you are in Live for example, a drum rack grid is mapped and you can what keys do what drum.
Now grab the manual and read along while you are doing it. Also because you might want to change the drum mapping to something more scale oriented.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

One more thing...

This feature is disabled in demo version.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Simontemplar

Post by Simontemplar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:38 am

Thx for the explenation but i still dont get it. Maybe i didnt explain it good enough. for example i want to play the bassdrum in different octaves but when i press down the keys on the right of the bassdrum i get a snare or whatever sound.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:32 am

Hi,
Simontemplar wrote:Thx for the explenation but i still dont get it. Maybe i didnt explain it good enough. for example i want to play the bassdrum in different octaves but when i press down the keys on the right of the bassdrum i get a snare or whatever sound.
Even in fully activated version it's not possible, those all are drum sounds without possibility of pitching them playing on different notes. You can only make different mapping so bass drum can be
triggered using different keys, but it always will play with the same base pitch. If you want to play drum sounds with different base frequency you need to automate Drum Machine's parameters.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Simontemplar

Post by Simontemplar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Ow ok i see thx for the help