Playing patterns in Cubase

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
dennisjr

Playing patterns in Cubase

Post by dennisjr » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Am I blind?

I am using Nepheton with Cubase 4.
I use it in int. seq and host mode.

First thing. Is there a clean preset to start with?

Second. How do I change patterns?
I started with the Wizball pattern in int.seq mode, but when trying to change to another pattern it wont work. I pressed the Patt. write button.
And use the next and prev buttons. I only see the number and names change, but the sound is exactly the same.

Also, how do I copy a pattern from int.seq to host mode?

Sebastian@d16

Re: Playing patterns in Cubase

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi,
dennisjr wrote:Am I blind?

I am using Nepheton with Cubase 4.
I use it in int. seq and host mode.

First thing. Is there a clean preset to start with?
There's no clean pattern (I assume You meant pattern). But there's a fast way to make it.

- Ctrl key (on keyboard) + CLEAR button (on gui) - clears whole pattern's part (int seq) or pattern (host mode).
dennisjr wrote: Second. How do I change patterns?
I started with the Wizball pattern in int.seq mode, but when trying to change to another pattern it wont work. I pressed the Patt. write button.
In write mode You can only choose the pattern You want to edit by NEXT and PREV buttons on GUI. If You'd like to choose in that mode which pattern should be played, just use midi controler or midi track (midi note on codes triggers the pattern- starting from C-1 or C0 in Cubase - I'm not sure right now).
dennisjr wrote: Also, how do I copy a pattern from int.seq to host mode?
You can copy signle part from int.seq pattern - because whole pattern in that mode is build of 4 parts - to host mode pattern this way:

- Alt key (on keyboard) + Click on any instrument (on INSTR.SEL - bottom of gui) - selects all instruments. All leds light up.

- COPY button (on gui) - copies all tracks (instruments) from current part to buffer.

- Change mode to host mode

- Use PASTE button (on gui) - it pastes buffer with a part in it to a pattern You are set to

Best regards,
Sebastian

dennisjr

Post by dennisjr » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:43 pm

thank you very much for the help!