nepheton crash but why

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
emergeonly

nepheton crash but why

Post by emergeonly » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:21 pm

please help! i download the demo of drumazon and nepheton! i have cubase sx1! the oldest version of cubase sx but don´t think thats the problem.. because the drumazon demo works fine but not the nepheton! it is even in the cubase instruments in the d16 groups folder like drumazon too. but when i am switching it on.. my cubase crashes! (i think i have all system32 files) i really don´t know why the drumazon works and the nepheton not! i would like test both!

thanks

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:53 am

Unfortunately Cubase SX1 is veeery old host and I think it doesn't support even VST2.4 standard. Current version of Drumazon is based on a bit older framework than Nepheton so that's probably why you can use one and can't another.

But in the near future both of them (literally all our plugins) will be based on our newest framework (technically compliant with VST2.4 when we talk about PC) and I'm almost sure that none of them will work under CubaseSX1 then.

I'm sorry but we have to improve our products to give them new features, make them compatible with as much new hosts as possible. That's why such old hosts have problems with using new plugins.

Cheers,
Przemek