Nepheton AU beta

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Sebastian@d16

Nepheton AU beta

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi,

This is first beta of Nepheton AU. To install this:

1) Download file from Your User Area (in "addons" section, for Nepheton license owners only)
2) Copy to "MacintoshHD\Library\Audio\Plug-Ins\Components"
3) Click on it to extract "Nepheton2.component"

Known issues:
- No multichannel mode, only stereo
- Recording automation doesn't work from GUI

Blurred controls on GUI are intentionally disabled.

Please put all notifications about appearing issues and bugs HERE in this thread.

When the next beta will appear, this post will be edited with new informations + new file will be added in Your User Area account.

Now we're working on issues we mentioned about and next betas will be uploaded succesively next week.

If You have a question, please write at support@d16.pl
Best regards,
Sebastian

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Before the real discussion starts I would like to say "at last" to all of You, our Dear Customers. The first beta version of Nepheton AU is coming after long period of Your waiting ... once again thanks for Your patience.

This first version is a bit limited temporarily as you can see but all the things are on good way and you should get final version shortly. I'm going to write about some new features which will be available in the Nepheton soon.

Please check this first version and give us Your precious feedback...

Cheers,
Przemek

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Durk72 wrote:
Beta slowed down GUI in logic and became unresponsive for all of logic, audio still cycling, could tab through to email, safari etc and all were running OK. When it finally caught up, changed Nepheton for another instrument and returned to normal service.

Imac G5, 1.8 with 2Gb.

Tried to post this in the Beta area, couldn't get in !

D.
btw. I granted You an access to Private Area, so You can post here.

ostiknostis

Post by ostiknostis » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am

I just want to say THANKS!! ..Testing begins as soon as I get home (sunday late night)!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:24 pm

You're welcome. Belive me, we're as much happy as You are. We're looking forward to Your tests' results guys.

Best regards,
Sebastian

ostiknostis

Post by ostiknostis » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 am

seems to work like a charm! Will make a more thorrough test-run later tonight, posting results if anything unexpected pops up.

Thanks again guys!! Looking forward for drumazon getting the AU treatment as well :))))))

EDIT: Ok, so after having Nepheton AU running for 8+ hours straight without any issues, I can say that I am very happy. Everything seems to work as expected (aside from the multi-outs, of course)!!

ChrisStone

Post by ChrisStone » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:41 am

My English is too bad to write my experience so far I will write it in German:

Habe den Nepheton in Logic Pro 7.2 (MAC G5 2.0 Dual mit 3gig ram) in einem 24 Spuren Arrangement in 5 Instanzen laufen lassen. Hat auch alles soweit funktioniert. Habe gestern ca. 6Std damit rumgespielt & einen Track live arrangiert, wobei es manchmal zu Syncproblemen gekommen ist. Vor allem wenn man in Logic nicht direkt auf dem vollen Takt angefangen ist, also irgendwo dazwischen, dann ist der Nepheton einfach losgelaufen ohne sich an die Logic-Clock zu halten oder irgendeiner Clock, er hat sich quasi seine eigene gedacht...hihihi.
Ist man auf dem vollen Takt gestartet kein Problem.
Dann wollte ich das gute StĂźck rendern & dabei ist wieder dieses Syncprob. aufgetreten, obwohl ich beim bouncen ja immer auf dem ganzen Takt anfange...also das mein ich zumindest, kann sein das Logic da nicht ganz draufsitzt, wie dem auch sei.
Ich musste 3 mal hintereinander das Arrange bouncen, damit er 1mal richtig auf dem Takt sitzt.
Habe den Microtonic auch in dem Arrangement benutzt & Ihn ebenfalls, nicht als Midi in Form von Bars gehabt, sondern live laufen lassen, dabei war alles gut, muss also an der Programmierung dem "AU component" liegen. Andere Instrumente waren aber auch als Bars vorhanden was aber auch kein weiteres Prob. darstellte.

Das Installieren war garkein Problem. Automationen funktionieren soweit auch sehr gut. Wichtig! Keine Crashes in Logic sowie Midiprobleme was bei Logic ja hin & wieder vorkommt. Keine Crackles oder sonstige unschönen Geschichten. Finde es nur schade, dass Ihr noch keine Speicherfunktion eingebaut habt (obwohl Logic ein Preset speicherte konnte man es nicht wieder aufrufen...), so darf ich jetzt alles neubauen :( aber sonst erwarte ich mit großen AUGEN die vollendete Version sowie die folgenden Implementationen für die anderen beiden Schätzchen.

:D

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Could anyone of You german-speaking guys translate it to english please?

Best regards,
Sebastian

ChrisStone

Post by ChrisStone » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:17 pm

I thougt the you guys could read it....I was two times in Poland and lot of them speaking german maybe you know anybody to translate.....

Try to explain my main problem:

I used Logic Pro. 7.2...make a live automated arrangement without using midibars for playing the nepheton, just push play...i also bounced it in realtime....my main prob. was, that the nepheton only synced if you start at the first tact (1,2,3,4 you have to start at 1, if 2 or 3 its nonsynced) , doing the bounce procedure 3times again till the nepheton synced in...also when i scroll with the ruler in the arrangement & let them play in any bar(time)....my microtonic which i'm using in the same way(without midibars in logic) is already synced all the time....so it must be a prob with the nepheton?!
I can also save a preset in Logic but the Neph. even dont save it...but you told that in your Intro of this Thread as well, so my work from yesterday is now mixed with the "Preset Pattern"....grrrml....;)...never mind that, but would be fine that in the next "beta" saving belike possible, to work on the projekt which I'm testing the Neph.

The whole other things are working well. No crackles, no crashes everything is good...the automation works fine! More Tests coming.

Regards Chris

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:13 pm

So basically if You press play (midi transport change) in Logic, Nepheton always starts playing from the begining of pattern? am I right? but it keeps the tempo?

Default play mode for Nepheton is usually used in playing live, there is no any song structure inside Nepheton's memory. So it's impossible to predict a note position, especially if during playing a song You would like to change a pattern to one with a different length. If You'd like to build a rhythm for a song, You should use "host mode" instead. Patterns are triggered by a signle midi notes in this mode.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Concerning the second part of Your post Chris, what was the problem with saving? You tried to save pattern + drumkit and it didn't work? or re-loading project in Logic didn't restore a pattern and drumkit?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:55 pm

Hey,

I confirm, when You save the project in Logic with Nepheton in it, after reloading, Nepheton restores drum kit only (default and host mode) without patterns. I assume that You've been talking about this issue, Chris.

Best regards,
Sebastian

ChrisStone

Post by ChrisStone » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Basiccally I must say, its the first time that I'm using the Nepheton....I was stunned about these Plugins & the price dont see that there is no AU comp. just bought the whole Bundle..lol..now I'm very glad that the AU is in Beta rank. Maybe I'm a Greenhorn concerning my Probs....

You're right with the tempo and yes Nepheton starts always from the beginning.

Is there a way using every "Sample" on my Keys, what should I do? At the microtonic GUI there is a button for using the Keyboard (called: pitched MIDI mode).
I even dont want to change any pattern when Logic runs just doing hyperdraw and it works fine.

About the saving or changing:
I will appreciate the saving things & post my experience...sometimes the Nepheton did what I klick sometimes not.

(I guess any change in the Main Presets of the Nepheton are impossible, but in Logic you can use "Save Settings" I sampled it out but no saving happen. Maybe some other Guy also use Logic and test it!
Also reloading...if the project crashes everything would be gone what screwed with Nephetons Basicbanks, most of them I used yesterday were the main Presets maybe that was the prob.)

You said; Blurred controls on GUI are intentionally disabled.
So..Pattern, Load and Save are disabled & Logic also won't save anything or restore a project after closing it. The Presets already working, only the default banks could saving.....aah!!.....

I'm testing more....

:roll:

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 am

Hey,
ChrisStone wrote: Is there a way using every "Sample" on my Keys, what should I do? At the microtonic GUI there is a button for using the Keyboard (called: pitched MIDI mode).
I even dont want to change any pattern when Logic runs just doing hyperdraw and it works fine.
That's why midi learn is bluerred, it'll be done in quite different and more advanced way, You'll be able to assign every visible control to a almost each of midi code (note, cc). It'll make possible to practically edit pattern without touching a mouse.
ChrisStone wrote: About the saving or changing:
I will appreciate the saving things & post my experience...sometimes the Nepheton did what I klick sometimes not.

(I guess any change in the Main Presets of the Nepheton are impossible, but in Logic you can use "Save Settings" I sampled it out but no saving happen. Maybe some other Guy also use Logic and test it!
Also reloading...if the project crashes everything would be gone what screwed with Nephetons Basicbanks, most of them I used yesterday were the main Presets maybe that was the prob.)
It still requires testing from our side.
ChrisStone wrote: You said; Blurred controls on GUI are intentionally disabled.
So..Pattern, Load and Save are disabled & Logic also won't save anything or restore a project after closing it. The Presets already working, only the default banks could saving.....aah!!.....
Unfortunately, restoring patterns after saving the project and exporting patterns, presets to external file, they're two separate things. Restoring patterns during re-loading Logic project is supposed to work, but some informations are lost during that process. So we need investigate this.
ChrisStone wrote: I'm testing more....
:roll:
We're looking for more results :)

Best regards,
Sebastian

ostiknostis

Post by ostiknostis » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:18 pm

So, there's still some bugs with working in internal SEQ mode? Patterns not saving to host?

Hmm.. I'll do some internal SEQ-based tests when I get home (actually, I haven't used drumazon/nepheton in internal SEQ mode _ever_ :))