individual outputs disapear in ableton live

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
intellijel

individual outputs disapear in ableton live

Post by intellijel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:09 pm

If I assign a drum part to one of the individual outputs and then create a new audio track in Live for that channel, there is very inconsistent behavior.
Sometimes the sound will play out that new track (like when I have the Nepheton window open) and sometimes it will play as part of the main mix only (not as an individual output).

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am

Hi,

After loading Nepheton with the default settings to the host. The master out of Nepheton is turned on. Basically all instruments are mixed together and sent to that out (it's mapped as the first one). All further successive outs are just single outs of instruments (I ignore the fact that Live sees only first 15 outs, it's not the issue now). Below I put an example of assigning individual outputs:

First channel is a master out of NP, the three others are single outs for BD, SD and LC. So, with the default settings (master out turned on) I need to turn off the master channel, because for example, BD is audible in both; BD out and Master out.

If it doesn't behave as I described above, could You send me a project You have (we use Live 7) at support@d16.pl, and explain what actions should I do to reproduce this behavior?

Best regards,
Sebastian