problem installing Drumazon on a Macbook Pro

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
MarshallLaw

problem installing Drumazon on a Macbook Pro

Post by MarshallLaw » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:48 am

Hi,

Until now I've used Drumazon on my Powermac G5 with FXPansion VST2AU Wrapper. No problems with that. Unfortunately due to a defect of that machine at the moment I have to run the studio through my Macbook Pro as a workaround. Now here's the problem:

On my Macbook Pro, when I'm trying to install Drumazon the installer tells me "there is no software to install" or in german: "es ist keine Software zum installieren vorhanden". I have no clue what to do about this. I'd like to use this nice piece of software...

However, the Nepheton installer has no problem at all.

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:01 pm

I guess that installer file can be broken. I've sent you valid download links to the latest version via email.

Cheers,
Przemek

MarshallLaw

Post by MarshallLaw » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:45 pm

Hi Przemek,

The file is not broken, I installed it with the same file on my now broken Powermac and it worked, even downloaded it once again. Still not working?!?

Since they use intel processors Macs do strange things... :roll: 8)

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:51 pm

That's must be versy strange and rare issue. We haven't never noticed it on any Mac (including MacIntels). We'll check it and let you know.

Do you have some drastic differences in MacOSX versions on both machines?
Differences in administrator rights ? (instalation procedure require to login as an admin for a moment)
Any differences in destination locations where you trying to install the plugins on both machines?

Cheers,
Przemek

MarshallLaw

Post by MarshallLaw » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:50 am

No great differences. Same version (10.4.10), same plug ins, same host, etc. Exept for the audio hardware. On my studio G5 I have a Pro Tools HD2 system on my MacBook Pro I run on Core Audio/MOTU UltraLite. But I know the Macs sometimes do weird stuff with the access rights.

What we can try is manual installation. I have all files already installed on the G5, so I should be able to just copy everything if I just know what to copy.