Drumazon beta version (0.9.5b)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Przemek@d16

Drumazon beta version (0.9.5b)

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:22 pm

Please download Drumazon beta version at

http://155.158.112.90/~d16/drum/6sdf78a ... 0.9.5b.dmg - Mac
http://155.158.112.90/~d16/drum/6sdf78a ... 0.9.5b.zip - PC

The program is fully copyrighted and only registered users can use the beta versions. Please do NOT spread this download link or the plugin itself.

Changes
- fixed bug with pattern scale value reloading
- added Pattern Store button (near Shuffle, Flam and TotalAccent knob)
- fixed pattern name refreshing on top bar
- changed behavior of Clear button in Pattern Edit
--- LMB - clear only selected instrument's track
--- CTRL+LMB - clear all instruments' tracks
- exhanced behavior of the Mute/Solo buttons (when clicked with CTRL key all instruments' Mutes/Solos except the clicked one are set to the inversed value of the clicked button)
- fixed bug - Mutes/Solos now work in the Seq Ex too

Pattern store description
Shuffle, Flam and TotalAccent values can now be used in two ways. When you have Pattern Store turned on you decide to use Shuffle, Flam and TotalAccent defined per Pattern (you can set different values of these attributes in each pattern). When the playing pattern changes Flam, Shuffle and TotalAccent values change as well to these from actual pattern.
On the other side when you turn Pattern Store off you tweak Flam, Shuffle and TotalAccent globally and no matter which pattern is played its internal attributes' values are ignored.

NOTE
This version include almost all added features (there are just few more). Starting with next beta we'll fix all the reported (especially serious) bugs...

Cheers,
Przemek
Last edited by Przemek@d16 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Convolve

Post by Convolve » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:33 pm

First off, thanks for this fantastic tool, always wanted "that" 909 sound, samples did not cut it, this seems very close :shock:

Had no stability or other problems so far with the various betas on the PC platform, host used was Orion Platinum.

But I think there's a typo in the download link for the new PC beta version, at the end there's a "b" missing.

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:59 pm

Thanks, corrected.
P.

rktic

Post by rktic » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:29 pm

Could you add midi and or keyboard functionality to the step trigger buttons? Programming pattern with just one mousebutton ain't much fun atm and i couldn't imagine programming a hardware 909 with just one finger either.

Would improve the plugin a lot (from my perspective).

Ronny

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:01 pm

Found bugs with SX3 on PC:

- Some buttons work sporadic after pressing them, you see them pressed, but no light or function is going on. If you keep pressing then on a moment they will work. Its like rolling a dice.

Fixed

- If you click on the LCD screen. All hell breaks loose soundwise, clap turns into a screaming synthsound, tempo changes, lcd screen gets f*cked up.

Fixed

- Wont sync tempo to sequencer tempo.

Fixed

- Snare, clap, rim and hats are to soft in volume compared to my own TR. Especialy the clap sounds to "shy" in comparison.

Seems to be fixed

Some MIDI stuff that needs much attention and should be looked at ASAP:

- Cant seem to get any sounds when playing my masterkeyboard.

Fixed

- Can not use SX3 drummap to layout drums, no sound gets played.

Fixed

- When i edit for example a 4/4 bassdrum on C1 in the SX3 key editor no bassdrum is sounding.

Fixed

- Also no velocitychanges in the keyeditor can be heard. And this is crusial for laying out snarerols, drumrols, hatrols and other cool stuff)

Fixed

Internal sequencer bugs:

- If there is no pattern layed out for example: bass, and snare, clap. And a pattern of the hats is made. Then when you turn the "instrument selector" knob. and select snare and then go back to hats a few times, the pattern of the hats will sometimes disappear. You have to go back and forth, to get the pattern lights lite again. This is also the case for the other instruments.

Fixed

Added:
- First note in SX3 not playing if you start directly on the first note.
For example: If you make a long note for example 4x4 bars (this is for the internal sequencer to flow alongside the SX3 arrangement). it will only start on the second loop if you start it from the first note.

Fixed

Added:
- Anoying "Click" sounds afer each bassdrum sound when attack on 10, tune 0, decay 10. (Still investigating issue...)

Fixed

Its a miracle halalujaaa!

Still open:
Decay on BD to short ;)
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:25 pm

i still can't get the INTERNAL SEQ to run in ableton live on mac.

has anyone else got this working?

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:46 pm

okay i figured out the INT SEQ... i had to set all the drum sounds to MIDI channel 1.

this all works perfectly except when the HI TOM is routed to MIDI channel 1 it CUTS out the audio. you can bring back the audio by MUTING the HT but when it is UNMUTED and set to CHANNEL 1, it kills all the audio again. this is only the case with HIGH TOM, so it must be a glitch.

g.

macha

Post by macha » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:57 pm

On my macbook pro I can not open a saved set with drumazon in it.
Is this a known issue? Anyone else have the same?
I know. Its a beta. I should not try to create with it yet. But drumazon is so inspiring.....

please...make saving a set with drumazon possible in the next beta.....

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:54 pm

intrepidtraveller wrote:i still can't get the INTERNAL SEQ to run in ableton live on mac.

has anyone else got this working?

You can only turn on/off INT SEQ when you actually stop the host sequencer. You can not switch INT SEQ on/off while running...

hope this helps

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:26 pm

Found a weird bug. Somehow after a while DZ forgets to play the notes of some instruments. And gets stuck with for example the bass and the hihat. Nomatter what i try, reload DZ or shutdown SX3 and start again, reset soundcard, reset midi. No other instruments can be played again.

I cant find why this happens or when. Will try out again tomorow evening with a fresh boot from my machine...

sinelanguage

Post by sinelanguage » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:52 pm

PC: I still find it crashes Ableton Live. There isn't one particular combination of keypresses that does it. But the things that each crash involves in any random order can be. Stop and go, saving, pressing the start button to turn it on, as it doesn't come on when you first open the plug in. Switching from write mode to pattern play mode. If I open live, and am very careful with what I press. And programming the 909 is the first thing I do, and then leave it, then its ok for a few minutes

Mac: Same issues as above except I've never been able to keep it going for more than one bar in any mode. I'm curious programmers at D16, what Mac system are you guys testing this on? what host are you using? if so, what are you experiences in Able ton Live? Because for me, I can't even beta test it, as I can't get it going at all. My system is barebones Macbook Pro, optimized for audio, no crap running in the background besides the fan controller. Could it be D16 doesn't get along with some other plug ins? The Phoscyon seems to be ok. I'm wondering what systems other beta testers are using and can they get this thing going in OSX in Ableton Live?

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:50 pm

I wonder if there is a beta version with a crashlogger build in. This will proberly help a lot to find the source of random crashes...

:?:

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:04 pm

Thanks to all of you for your reports. I know it is really confusing for you -- especially on Macs where more bugs appeared -- but we WILL fix all the problems.

On macs there are more of them just because PC is our main platform and we code all on PC first and then test it on Mac too.

We're adding last features now... New beta should come this evening or in the night. If it happen that tomorrow we will have still some bugs we move release date but just to Monday.

One you can be sure that we are not going to stop coding until all will be just excellent.

Cheers to all of you and once again big thanks,
Przemek

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:42 pm

Hi,

Same report when using it with an intel core duo 2 (MacBookPro 2.33) on Live 6.01 : crash badly...
Also, I experience cpu usage jumps when lowering volume on individual instruments (e.g on the first demo pattern, when all instruments are outputting audio, cpu is quite high - 22/27%-, when I turn the levels down I get a reasonnable 9%) Is that normal ?
Is Drumazon a cpu intensive app ?
Around 25% seems too much or is it me ?

Cheers,

A.

oxident

????

Post by oxident » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:47 pm

Beta Test... Is it over?

Yours

Alex