Drumazon beta version (0.9.3b)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Przemek@d16

Drumazon beta version (0.9.3b)

Post by Przemek@d16 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:49 am

Please download Drumazon beta version at

Link no longer available - Mac
Link no longer available - PC

The program is fully copyrighted and only registered users can use the beta versions. Please do NOT spread this download link or the plugin itself.

Changes
- bugfix with sampled instruments (Mac - crashed under Live etc.)
- minor improvements of Snare and HandClap
- few denormalisations fixed (not all yet...)
- Total Preset block has been removed
- Instrument Preset management almost finished (all works except selecting with combox)

From this moment list of features to add to version 1.0 is closed. We'll write later what is missed at this moment. List of features to add in next update 1.x will be published after release.

Few words about preset management

Total Preset block has been removed. We decided to do so because it could lead to some strange and unclear situations.

Remembering your previous requests about independent presets for each instrument we added this feature in the top bar.
Drumazon we'll be spread with default bank of presets but now all presets are default settings. If you would like to make some presets just send us (via email) proper files.

Instrument Presets Usage
- Below Outputs there are Select buttons - you can choose with them instrument which presets can be edit/select etc. in Instrument Preset block placed on the right in top bar.
- Preset Name Edit lets you give the name of the currently set preset from actually selected instrument.
- Up/Down button goes to the next and previous preset (mention that now all preset are just default settings)
- Select button (not working yet) will show window with all the presets from selected instrument to quicker select, reordering presets etc.
- Load / Save - let you import/export:
--- Preset - single preset (this one which is selected)
--- Set - set of 32 presets from the selected instrument
--- Bank - all sets together from all the instruments

So you have 32 presets per each instrument (if you think there should be more - just let us know). Each Preset contains settings of the Instrument's knobs.

Next beta versions
We think that everything should be ready on Friday... Anyway starting from now new beta should be available each day till Friday.

Cheers,
Przemek

/* and sorry for English - I'm very sleepy... :) */
Last edited by Przemek@d16 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:04 am

much better for mac!

keep it coming! i could actually make a beat in live! not sure about in the internal sequencer...

g.

rktic

Post by rktic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10 am

i'm looking forward to check this out, do you have any idea when you'll be able to supply a manual? I could really need a hint one some things...

Anyway, good work so far! Lotsa fun with Drumazon...

Ronny

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:13 am

rktic wrote:do you have any idea when you'll be able to supply a manual? I could really need a hint one some things...
In 2-3 days, first draft of the interactive manual will be ready.

Cheers,
Przemek

macha

Post by macha » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 pm

thnx for your efforts!

on my G5 2x2 10.4.8;

+ sequencer responds to ext clock now.

- still Live 6 crashes after a few minutes with only drumazon inserted.

should i be able to see presets? I don t see any....

macha

Post by macha » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:26 pm

on my macbookpro core2duo in live6 :

testruns go quite well. A few sudden crashes though.....
Can t reproduce them. Live 6 can not recover a crashed session with the beta in it.

also on the G5 2x2 10.4.8 I had a succesfull testrun for at least 30 minutes with extensive automation. :D
but also some sudden crashes without even doing anything complicated...

oxident

Cubase 4 Macintel

Post by oxident » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:39 pm

This one is working a little bit better. Sync is "Faulty", Drumazon shifts one bar when synced with host. Still crashing from time to time, but you are getting there guys! :)

Cheers!

Alex

macha

Post by macha » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:16 pm

macbook pro core2duo 10.4.8 live6

already totally into drumazon. spend a few hours without any crash. forgetting I was working with a beta for a while. Building a fantastic track adding 5 other vsts......
saved the session just to be sure but these sessions will not reload.
be it recovering a crashed set or restarting a saved.... :(
adressing outputs worked fine. no sync issues here.
sound is great!
when the betafase is over d16 will become a hotspot on the internet. fantastic instrument.
poland rules!

Motiatronix

Post by Motiatronix » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:53 pm

Total Preset block has been removed.
Instrument Presets Usage
- Below Outputs there are Select buttons - you can choose with them instrument which presets can be edit/select etc. in Instrument Preset block placed on the right in top bar.
- Preset Name Edit lets you give the name of the currently set preset from actually selected instrument.
- Up/Down button goes to the next and previous preset (mention that now all preset are just default settings)
- Select button (not working yet) will show window with all the presets from selected instrument to quicker select, reordering presets etc.
- Load / Save - let you import/export:
--- Preset - single preset (this one which is selected)
--- Set - set of 32 presets from the selected instrument
--- Bank - all sets together from all the instruments

So you have 32 presets per each instrument (if you think there should be more - just let us know). Each Preset contains settings of the Instrument's knobs.
Is much slicker all round and with that lot is fantastic enough flexibility.Its great swapping out instruments on the fly and mixing up kits. 8)
Each Preset contains settings of the Instrument's knobs.
:D :D :D.......works beautifully!