Suggestion?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
JXL
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:04 pm

Suggestion?

Post by JXL » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I just read about the Drumazon and I'm looking forward to getting it. I had a question cross my mind ( and haven't seen it asked here ).

Is there any plan in the future to allow the loading of user samples into the plug-in? Kind of like choosing between synthesis or a sample playback option?

I know nothing about writing code for plugs and stuff, but perhaps the functions per channel as is now, would still be appliable whether the channels playback was the internal engine or sample based?

Anyway, congratulations on a very cool instrument indeed. Going to enjoy it I think. It is of my opinion, that adding a sample option would just make it unbeatable. It would be an absolute killer. :P

....

NTiOzymandias
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Post by NTiOzymandias » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:44 am

This has been asked and answered; Drumazon will not have sample capabilities. There are, however, a LOT of alternatives (synthesis drum machines are in the minority because they're harder to write).

JXL
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:04 pm

Post by JXL » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:59 pm

NTiOzymandias wrote:This has been asked and answered; Drumazon will not have sample capabilities. There are, however, a LOT of alternatives (synthesis drum machines are in the minority because they're harder to write).
Yes but there's none with a dedicated and focused sequencer. Synthetic drum machines with sequencers are in a minority yes. ( I can only think of Utonic )

Someone posed a question there 'does the world need another sample based drum machine'. Well, you could argue, does the world need another 909?

It's the sequencer and compactness that had my interest, not the fact that it made sounds like a 909. An on-board pattern based drum sequencer without a complicated interface doesn't exist as a plug-in. Shame it wont have sample playing capabilities.

Oh well. I'll guess I'll have to reconsider. Thanks for the reply though.

Where did you find that post from???

It still doesn't appear when you look in all the Drumazon forums!

intrepidtraveller
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:58 am

Post by intrepidtraveller » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:34 pm

thanks for the headsup on the utonic - never heard of it until now - sounds really good. a bit like my korg ER-1... but better:)

User avatar
Przemek@d16
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:31 pm

We don't plan to add loading samples feature to Drumazon. However we may make another Drum Machine based on samples...
This must wait be don't say "no".

Cheers,
Przemek

NTiOzymandias
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Post by NTiOzymandias » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:32 am

JXL wrote:Yes but there's none with a dedicated and focused sequencer.
D'oh! Good point. I surrender. :?
Where did you find that post from???

It still doesn't appear when you look in all the Drumazon forums!
Look in the Phoscyon forums. Someone posted in the wrong place :wink:

Custa
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by Custa » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:55 am

Przemek@d16 wrote:We don't plan to add loading samples feature to Drumazon. However we may make another Drum Machine based on samples...
This must wait be don't say "no".

Cheers,
Przemek
I really hope that you guys spend your times getting these plugs as close to possibe as the originals. If you can do that you have a bread winner nothing else can touch. This includes AU versions of the plugs. Like you said in another post there are countless other products that play samplers for samplers o products like Battery. My Logic Pro is hungry for Drumazon 8)

User avatar
Przemek@d16
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:03 am

Exactly and we can make sample based drum machine if and only if we don't have anything else to do :) But now Drumazon is in the pipeline and after it :) hmmm I can't tell now but you will be even more surprised ;)

Cheers,
Przemek

intrepidtraveller
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:58 am

Post by intrepidtraveller » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:09 pm

a CR78 on VST steroids!!!

:)

g.

JXL
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:04 pm

Post by JXL » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:34 pm

Well personally, if the Phoscyon is anything to go by, the Drumazon will a great plug-in. I think you guys should make a sampler version of it.

There's a massive market out there for precisely this thing. One of the questions I see popping up on forum after forum is, " Where can I get a drum sampler plug-in like Reasons Redrum"?

There isn't one! Course you have overcomplicated stuff like Guru, but people don't want that, a cool interface and pattern sequencer like the Drumazon would be ideal. :wink:

intrepidtraveller
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:58 am

Post by intrepidtraveller » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:04 am

there a million things like that in reaktor:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... tchid=4049

in fact, way too many...

Acidhead
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:13 am

Post by Acidhead » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:15 pm

intrepidtraveller wrote:thanks for the headsup on the utonic - never heard of it until now - sounds really good. a bit like my korg ER-1... but better:)
Yeah uTonic is awesome! :D It feels like you can do almost anything with it - except get it to sound like a 909...

Speaking of which, I would very much like to see the Drumazon copy some of the clever aspects of the uTonic gui:
(1) when holding the mouse click and moving over different steps, it selects / deselects all steps which you move over. Very handy to quickly fill or erase in the pattern sequencer, much better than clicking each step separately.
(2) using mouse right-click and left-click in the step sequencer for selecting normal or loud hits respectively. Better than clicking twice for loud hits.

hazeltine
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:10 am

Post by hazeltine » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:13 am

JXL brings up an interesting point.

since this is a 909 one thing is missing. the ability to sequence an external device. quite a few people i know use the 909 because of it's feel to sequence another device like a sampler.

would it be possible in an update to add an external track like on a real 909 which could be routed in ableton live to another midi instrument?

Acidhead
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:13 am

Post by Acidhead » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Adding MIDI out to Drumazon would also be a simple and usable way to add the functionality for triggering samples. Just send the MIDI to your favourite sampler and go. I've been doing this to great satisfaction with the uTonic as well.

rossi
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by rossi » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 pm

JXL wrote:
NTiOzymandias wrote:This has been asked and answered; Drumazon will not have sample capabilities. There are, however, a LOT of alternatives (synthesis drum machines are in the minority because they're harder to write).
Yes but there's none with a dedicated and focused sequencer. Synthetic drum machines with sequencers are in a minority yes. ( I can only think of Utonic )

Someone posed a question there 'does the world need another sample based drum machine'. Well, you could argue, does the world need another 909?

It's the sequencer and compactness that had my interest, not the fact that it made sounds like a 909. An on-board pattern based drum sequencer without a complicated interface doesn't exist as a plug-in. Shame it wont have sample playing capabilities.

Oh well. I'll guess I'll have to reconsider. Thanks for the reply though.

Where did you find that post from???

It still doesn't appear when you look in all the Drumazon forums!
I for one have been waiting for a sample based 909 seq for as long as i can remember. I can understand d16 not wanting to do this with drumazon
but it baffles me there is no option for this apart from reaktor which is far too impracticle trust me i've tried all the enssembles & defeats the object.

Post Reply