Re:Directories:Individual Instruments:Mod Sources:Templates

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Motiatronix

Post by Motiatronix » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:45 pm

Hi D16.

I appreciate Drumazon is still beta and perhaps these are planned:

1 I see the default directory for pattern load/save finds the respective host main folder.Each time you start Drumazon it auto defaults and I have to manually navigate to my chosen folder each time.It is then remembered for that session.Will Drumazon remember chosen directory on load please.

2 In Instrument Preset Name regards handling.I'm assuming various routing configs and different combos of instruments can be loaded/saved here when it becomes active,effectively a kit management area.Will it be possible to select individual drums and load/save from within this area.

Also can each drum instrument have their own dedicated directories to create a library of presets for each individual drum instrument and load them or with others on the fly as you can already do with presets patterns/banks?If not some way perhaps via a drop down menu so users can mix and match different drums in order to create different kits.

3 Combo Flam/shuffle/scale templates that can be spun in for applying to existing patterns for groove/feel adaptations.I appreciate as timings are reworked it may not be ideal for live use but great for programming up beats.

4 I have mentioned before about saving the scale function and being able to save individually with patterns.Likewise Shuffle and or Flam settings can be saved with pattern/banks and optionally recalled on load, if not it is the current settings.

5 Perhaps at a future upgrade point:Tempo synced (optional) Lfo's to instrument parameters and the Lfo's themselves.Jomox has these and let you do some weird creative stuff.

Thankyou.

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:24 pm

Motiatronix wrote: 2 In Instrument Preset Name regards handling.I'm assuming various routing configs and different combos of instruments can be loaded/saved here when it becomes active,effectively a kit management area.Will it be possible to select individual drums and load/save from within this area.

Also can each drum instrument have their own dedicated directories to create a library of presets for each individual drum instrument and load them or with others on the fly as you can already do with presets patterns/banks?If not some way perhaps via a drop down menu so users can mix and match different drums in order to create different kits.
The top panel is adapted for such functionality, but not quite implemented.
Motiatronix wrote: 3 Combo Flam/shuffle/scale templates that can be spun in for applying to existing patterns for groove/feel adaptations.I appreciate as timings are reworked it may not be ideal for live use but great for programming up beats.
We've thougth about this, but such changes do a mess with existing pattern. But we've implemented Re-Scale function for expanding/shrinking patterns between different scales.
Motiatronix wrote:4 I have mentioned before about saving the scale function and being able to save individually with patterns.Likewise Shuffle and or Flam settings can be saved with pattern/banks and optionally recalled on load, if not it is the current settings.
Shuffle and flam should be saved within pattern - You right. The scale saving with pattern is disabled temporarly in beta 0.9.1. Even sequencer state is now not saved with song, but it will.

Thanks for support :)
Plugins sound master

Motiatronix

Post by Motiatronix » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Jacek wrote:
The top panel is adapted for such functionality, but not quite implemented.
Great!
We've thougth about this, but such changes do a mess with existing pattern. But we've implemented Re-Scale function for expanding/shrinking patterns between different scales.
Quite understandable.Yes the re scale is great.
Shuffle and flam should be saved within pattern - You right. The scale saving with pattern is disabled temporarly in beta 0.9.1. Even sequencer state is now not saved with song, but it will.
Thanks for the info on current situation with that.

regards :D