Drumazon problem exporting audio Cubase 4 Macintel

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
oxident

Drumazon problem exporting audio Cubase 4 Macintel

Post by oxident » Sun May 06, 2007 3:59 pm

If I export my song using drumazon, resulting audio gets drumazon out of bar, delayed, rest of the tracks are ok...

By the way! Long time I didnt cry here ;)

Yours

Alex

cfxmusic

Post by cfxmusic » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:13 am

+1, Windows though.
Cubase 4.0.3, Drumazon 1.0.3

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:17 am

I found the same thing. I've been working around it by e.g. using Drumazon in Free internal pattern mode, and drawing out all the patterns on the bars where I want 'em.

A trick that also works for me, often even better since I get to change things during recording: put a audio recorder (I made a siimpole one in NI in the end of the master bus effects chain, and record audio output playing 'live'.

Also, when playing (using Chain or Normal mode), the first couple of measures are often out of sync. Using pre-roll may help, it worked for me in some occasions to get rid of syncing problems.

BTW: don't put the blame on D16 for this stuff. Without being an expert on this, I've heard often enough that Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo products are known to use some really weird timing code, like jumping to sub-zero time when starting the sequencer. Perhaps they do this to stifle competition in the VST platform market, which does make some sense from Steinberg's perspective.

(using Cubase / Nuendo on Wintel PC's)

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:41 am

Acidhead wrote:[...]BTW: don't put the blame on D16 for this stuff. Without being an expert on this, I've heard often enough that Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo products are known to use some really weird timing code, like jumping to sub-zero time when starting the sequencer. [...]
Exactly. When I find some time I'll write to them (don't believe that it changes anything) and post also here proof how much Nuendo, Cubase etc are far away from good working. I'm not arguing that these hosts are bad but they definitely contain cardinal bugs.

The most important is that we solved similar bug with Nepheton but didn't have time to change it also in Drumazon. But we'll do it soon.

Cheers,
Przemek

Acidhead

Post by Acidhead » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:52 am

Przemek@d16 wrote:[...]I'm not arguing that these hosts are bad but they definitely contain cardinal bugs.[...]
As Bill G. would put it: these things are _never_ to be called 'bugs', they're simply 'known issues', and nobody can fix them even if they can, 'cause that would eliminate our customers' incentives for upgrading. ;-)

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:09 am

LOL, if he really said it like that, you wonder why you even buy software :P

(not that I don't buy software, i buy everything I want and need, but one might think about a company teasing their customers like that and only buy software when they fix this issue... if they intentionally keep it for this purpose :P
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be