ultimate Wish list feature for AU version

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
A-Dub

ultimate Wish list feature for AU version

Post by A-Dub » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:14 am

Hi,

Was really excited to read about Drumazon this month, & think it could be exactly what I've been waiting for. I'm an intel mac, logic 7.2 user, making electro-house using 909 samples, & have really been missing quickly creating drum patterns in a simple step sequencer from my days using reason/redrum (I find Logics drum machine is really complex & cumbersome but running reason via rewire caused loads of problems in logic)

I appreciate I'll have to wait for the AU version of Drumazon to run with Logic but thought I'd take this opportunity to put the idea forward for a feature I've always wished existed in an AU drum machine with a simple step sequencer & interface.....

My workflow, when working from a pattern in a drum machine has always been to create a pattern, then copy it as midi to a track in my DAW sequencer. I then manually split each of the parts - snare, hat, kick etc onto a track each so i can control, compress & eq etc through the mixer on my DAW. I'd love for a function within Drumazon where when I've created a pattern, i could then 'print' it to several tracks in my host sequencer with the push of a button. This would really speed up my workflow & would definately make drumazon an essential purchase for me!!

Thanks

Adam
www.myspace.com/adoubleadam

A-Dub

Re: ultimate Wish list feature for AU version

Post by A-Dub » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:54 pm

I'd love for a function within Drumazon where when I've created a pattern, i could then 'print' it to several tracks in my host sequencer with the push of a button
[/quote]

sorry, cant edit my original post but occured to me that instead of this 'print to track' via a button, 'drag & drop' to do the same would be more practical way would solve which track/s midi data should be 'printed' to
www.myspace.com/adoubleadam

Custa

Re: ultimate Wish list feature for AU version

Post by Custa » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:02 pm

A-Dub wrote:
I'd love for a function within Drumazon where when I've created a pattern, i could then 'print' it to several tracks in my host sequencer with the push of a button
sorry, cant edit my original post but occured to me that instead of this 'print to track' via a button, 'drag & drop' to do the same would be more practical way would solve which track/s midi data should be 'printed' to[/quote]

Hopefully DR will be a multi-instument and will be able to be routed to aux chanels where you can do exa tly what you ask but yet keep using the DR sequencer. This is the way I hope to be using it... and hopefully sooner rather than later :(
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

tguzzardo

Post by tguzzardo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:10 am

i still think it would be cooler if they actually made a box of it. you know like the 909. rather than the vst. :]