Drumazon v1.0.3

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
tguzzardo

Post by tguzzardo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:24 pm

VST is the same for me. They both run perfectly on Windows and Mac. For me anyways.

woodster

Post by woodster » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:31 pm

Well skinning options aren't the most important thing in the world, but then again neither are AU or RTAS versions for us happy VST users :P

tguzzardo

Post by tguzzardo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Yes :D

Custa

Post by Custa » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:48 pm

woodster wrote:Well skinning options aren't the most important thing in the world, but then again neither are AU or RTAS versions for us happy VST users :P
Please... :roll: you can live without a skin. There are many people that have put up the cash that are waiting for other plug formats. How bout d16 charge users for skins which is exactly what the tguzzardo is suggesting by myself and others having to pay for a wrapper. There are a number of formats that should be produced if a company is serious about the electronic music industry. One being VST and the other being AU. RTAS is still more in the realm of non-electronic music for the most part but would still make people around here happy.

If d16 were to be serious in the electronica industry then they should be more concerned about getting there plug into as many DAW as possible, then worrying about skins. Skinning is a nice to have. AU is a must have.

You never replied under what conditions you got drumazon working under a wrapper tguzzardo? I am interested to know what the system setup was?
Last edited by Custa on Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

db.one

Re: Skins yet??

Post by db.one » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Custa wrote:
db.one wrote:Any word on skins for Drumazon/Nepheton yet??
Seriously do Skins really matter when there is no AU(or RTAS for that matter) version yet? It's the sound that's important and atm it does not run in my DAW.
Sorry to hear that. What sequencer do you use anyways?? From what I can tell, it works well enough with most major DAW applications.

Yes, the sound is what's most important but I bought and paid of the application as it was. To me, esthetics hold some importance and I find the new skins to be as ugly as hell. It's not what I paid for. Seriously.

That said, I don't really understand your response to my post. What gives you the right to ask the developer to ignore a legitimate request when you haven't even paid for a copy at this point?? I would love to see an AU version as well, but don't try and throw the next guy under the bus 'cause your DAW isn't compatible.

Custa

Re: Skins yet??

Post by Custa » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:59 pm

db.one wrote:
Custa wrote:
db.one wrote:Any word on skins for Drumazon/Nepheton yet??
Seriously do Skins really matter when there is no AU(or RTAS for that matter) version yet? It's the sound that's important and atm it does not run in my DAW.
Sorry to hear that. What sequencer do you use anyways?? From what I can tell, it works well enough with most major DAW applications.

Yes, the sound is what's most important but I bought and paid of the application as it was. To me, esthetics hold some importance and I find the new skins to be as ugly as hell. It's not what I paid for. Seriously.

That said, I don't really understand your response to my post. What gives you the right to ask the developer to ignore a legitimate request when you haven't even paid for a copy at this point?? I would love to see an AU version as well, but don't try and throw the next guy under the bus 'cause your DAW isn't compatible.
Most DAW?????? Have you never heard of Logic which is probably the most used DAW in electronic music production....

AHEM... :evil: I have every fucking right to ask the developer, I have paid for it. One of the first few days when the people pre ordering were supposed to be getting a deal at a cheaper price which has since then turned out to be the normal price. So for the privelidge of being told to get in early to get a cheaper price I have still got nothing which is usable to me, AND I could walk in off the street when they do finally create the AU version for a price I was told would not be possible after the pre-order.

I have faith in the product but for me and the money I have invested into it I would prefer that work and time was spent on making the plug sounds available to all who have already paid for it without spending more money on a wrapper which I have no interest in and would be only used for Drumazon almost taking the total spend on the plug to double what I was origionally budgeting on. The skins really don't make the product, they are nice and I hope they come back, but AFTER the AU and RTAS versions are in use.
Hardware >

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

db.one

Somebody call the WAAAAAAHambulance!

Post by db.one » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:33 am

Custa wrote:
Most DAW?????? Have you never heard of Logic which is probably the most used DAW in electronic music production....

AHEM... :evil: I have every fucking right to ask the developer, I have paid for it.
Easy there, internet tough guy! What'dya gotta get all up on ME for?!? Amazing how some people take such a spicy tone when the next guy is well past arm's reach.

Yeah, I've heard of Logic - I hear it's not working too bloody well for YOU at the moment! Not the first time I've heard about Logic incompatibilities either. Somebody call the Waaaaahambulance! :lol:

Because your hissy-fit easn't exactly clear, you either bought the plug *knowing* it didn't work to get in and save the money. Without a committed release date by the developer, this gives you NO REASON TO CRY and certainly not freak out on other users in the forums.

...OR...

Maybe you bought it and didn't know it wasn't gonna work. ...which kinda sucks, but that's NOT MY PROBLEM nor am I inclined to sympathize with someone acts like such a freakin' baby! Threadjacking other people's legitimate feature requests to whine is LAME and does you absolutely no damn good. Take it up with D16 and/or START YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD!

db.one

Post by db.one » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:37 am

tguzzardo

Post by tguzzardo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:40 am

GG.

Custa

Re: Somebody call the WAAAAAAHambulance!

Post by Custa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:09 am

db.one wrote:
Custa wrote:

AHEM... :evil: I have every fucking right to ask the developer, I have paid for it.
Easy there, internet tough guy! What'dya gotta get all up on ME for?!? Amazing how some people take such a spicy tone when the next guy is well past arm's reach.

Yeah, I've heard of Logic - I hear it's not working too bloody well for YOU at the moment! Not the first time I've heard about Logic incompatibilities either. Somebody call the Waaaaahambulance! :lol:

Because your hissy-fit easn't exactly clear, you either bought the plug *knowing* it didn't work to get in and save the money. Without a committed release date by the developer, this gives you NO REASON TO CRY and certainly not freak out on other users in the forums.

...OR...

Maybe you bought it and didn't know it wasn't gonna work. ...which kinda sucks, but that's NOT MY PROBLEM nor am I inclined to sympathize with someone acts like such a freakin' baby! Threadjacking other people's legitimate feature requests to whine is LAME and does you absolutely no damn good. Take it up with D16 and/or START YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD!
I bought it knowing exactly the capabilities of it. The developers said they were going to be releasing an AU version of it before any of this skinning stuff started up. I think it is fair that the effort should be put towards that before the skinning stuff as the skinning dilemma came after the announcment that they were porting to AU. BTW I never hijacked any thread, well no more than anybody else making feature requests. This is a general thread on Drumazon 1.0.3. Both you and tguzzardo have both been caught out being wrong. He flat out lied about running Drumazon succesfully in an AU wrapper, and you are just trying to recover for the both of you now.

I have taken it up with d16 and I will at every oportunity I get. I look forward to using the product as I should be able to with full native support in one of the most popular DAW's especially in Dance/Techno/Electronica. If that means that this ability gets held up by them coding things that really do not affect the capabilities or deployment opportunities of the plugin is dissapointing. I also look forward to the skins but only if they run in my DAW which they currently have no chance of doing.
Hardware >

Custa

Post by Custa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:17 am

and.. no more bitching from me at people, well not after I tell you to stick your abulance up your ass first :twisted:
Hardware >