Ok Seriously? WTF!

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
16f

Ok Seriously? WTF!

Post by 16f » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:17 am

So, I'm using Logic 7 pro and just started using this thing.

Seems to me that even if you make a nice swingy pattern on the internal sequencer there is no way to get this out to the arrange window to tweak?

Also, the Sync with the host tempo is waaaay off. Every time the loop starts over in the arrange window it fucks the pattern up. I've tried adjusting the host tempo and nothing changes. When I run the pattern on the internal sequencer it loops fine but there is no way to mute the channel in the arrange window, it's totally non responsive.

I may be overlooking obvious things here, but seriously what's the point in having the internal sequencer if you can't export the midi? Just run the same beats through the whole track?

Also, What is this Midi Learn Paramater? It doesn't seem to do anything.

Seems to me the only reason to use this is just to draw in the sounds on the host sequencer which is completely bogus because the reason I'm using it is for the internal swing / step sequencer.

HELP!! Tell me something good please.

Custa

Re: Ok Seriously? WTF!

Post by Custa » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:45 am

16f wrote:So, I'm using Logic 7 pro and just started using this thing.

Seems to me that even if you make a nice swingy pattern on the internal sequencer there is no way to get this out to the arrange window to tweak?

Also, the Sync with the host tempo is waaaay off. Every time the loop starts over in the arrange window it fucks the pattern up. I've tried adjusting the host tempo and nothing changes. When I run the pattern on the internal sequencer it loops fine but there is no way to mute the channel in the arrange window, it's totally non responsive.

I may be overlooking obvious things here, but seriously what's the point in having the internal sequencer if you can't export the midi? Just run the same beats through the whole track?

Also, What is this Midi Learn Paramater? It doesn't seem to do anything.

Seems to me the only reason to use this is just to draw in the sounds on the host sequencer which is completely bogus because the reason I'm using it is for the internal swing / step sequencer.

HELP!! Tell me something good please.
How are you using it? are you using the VST-AU wrapper or Kore?
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive

Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

blacker

Post by blacker » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:35 am

I'm using it in Logic 5.5.1 (switching to a Mac soon), but the principles are the same. I think youre expecting to be able to drop the MIDI notes fromt he patterns into Logic's arrange, but it doesn't work that way (at least, not yet). YOu create your patterns, etc., then just trigger them using notes on your MIDI keyboard.All your shuffle, etc., is kept because you're just using notes from Logic's sequencer to trigger the internal patterns.

When you're done with your sequence, you just bounce the track to an audio track, same as you would any other VSTi.
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...