Ideas for new versions of Dumazon (modular system)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Oberheim

Ideas for new versions of Dumazon (modular system)

Post by Oberheim » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:39 pm

My idea for new version of drumazon is:
In easy write modular system. That means I can add two or 4 one of module - kick, clap, snare, etc.. into one rack. It is good because sometimes I need more types of snares, kicks, or HiHats OP/CL and for this I need use more instancies of Drumazone. I think this help. Each module can be attached in to key (C0 - H8) and have audio output. This feature allow layer the sound.

Puranon

Re: Ideas for new versions of Dumazon (modular system)

Post by Puranon » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Its supposed to be a 909 and also has to keep compatibility with the 909 MIDI map. First thing d16 need to do for a V2 is implement all TR-909 functions missing from V1.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:52 am

Hi,

We're going to keep the Drumazon as it is, as 909 emulator primarily with maybe some changes in the SEQ play modes. Eventually we'd do entirely new product, which would benefit from the all Classic Drum Machines's sound modules making possible to load any selection for a kit.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Oberheim

Post by Oberheim » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:34 pm

This will be great Sebastian. Is it 100%, that new drum "modular" machine with modules from all drum machines will be under construction, if I may ask? If yes, please, allow load more same modules - like I can have 4x hi hat modules from 909. Have you plan add some new own electronic / synth drum modules? I am excited about this product :).

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Hey,

Nothing being precisely planned yet if comes to upcoming entirely new titles. Right now we're focused on 2.0 upgrades of our current software line, so barely have time to specify the functionality. Just told about eventuality of new title involving sound modules from all our Drum Machines :) As for the details and specification, there will be time for that later :) Sorry.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Puranon

Post by Puranon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:00 am

a new d16 drum machine?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:02 am

Rather a combination of current Drum Machines as entirely new product. But it's just a concept.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

hesnotthemessiah

Post by hesnotthemessiah » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:12 am

Oberheim wrote:My idea for new version of drumazon is:
In easy write modular system. That means I can add two or 4 one of module - kick, clap, snare, etc.. into one rack. It is good because sometimes I need more types of snares, kicks, or HiHats OP/CL and for this I need use more instancies of Drumazone. I think this help. Each module can be attached in to key (C0 - H8) and have audio output. This feature allow layer the sound.
My dream as well. Assign any single module to any key or range of keys. Multiple modules could be assigned to the same keys. Kicks mixed with snares on the same key (create new kick sounds). Toms playable over a key range. Multiple modules of toms in one VSTi GUI (I love toms - mixed with a bit if Sigmund :P).

I think you may have opened a drum of worms here Sebastian........................

mojses

Post by mojses » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:33 pm

please keep the drumazon as the original hardware TR-909 do not fuck this up ...PLEASE