What's the led near the level knob?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Nowhk

What's the led near the level knob?

Post by Nowhk » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 am

Noticed this right now:
Immagine.png
Immagine.png (136.75 KiB) Viewed 12271 times
What's the functionality about that led? Just curious...

Sebastian@d16

Re: What's the led near the level knob?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:28 am

Hi,

Those are indicators used for randomization process.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 am

So it is the same as the leds in the bottom for each instrument? Or they can do somethings different?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:29 am

Basically yes. Their state corresponds to the instrument selector's state. Additionally they indicate you can use Level knobs to change threshold for changing instrument's intensity during randomization.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Basically yes. Their state corresponds to the instrument selector's state. Additionally they indicate you can use Level knobs to change threshold for changing instrument's intensity during randomization.

Cheers,
Sebastian
What do you mean with "change" intensity? I see that if I press Next/Prev during random, the Level for each Instruments are fixed (it is not moving). Can you give to me an example to discover this feature? Sorry but I don't understand it...

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 am

Hi,

Certainly. When you enable Random mode, the Next button is used for randomizing pattern, but the randomization process isn't just randomizing steps' states (picking at random if a step in the sequence it's rested or non-accented or accented). Instead, when pattern is randomized, a random numeric value is assigned to each step (in the track/instrument that's randomized) and Level knob for the track change its role. As i said, Level knob in Random mode controls threshold value (instead of sound's volume), which allows further modification the randomized sequence. So, for each step:

- When the numeric value assigned to a step is below the threshold, the step is played,
- If the value exceeds the threshold, the step isn't played.

Increasing Level value for randomized instrument (in random mode) increases number of steps that are played, which gives control over how "dense" the track is.

Check out the figure showing how randomization works:
randomize.JPG
randomize.JPG (28.11 KiB) Viewed 12251 times
There are numeric values (represented by vertical bars) randomized for all steps. Threshold decides what steps are going to be played (ones marked with red color). If a value is below the threshold, step is played, if above, step is not played. Increasing threshold value makes more steps being played in generated sequence.

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Oh my god, that's pretty clear right now :) You should update the manual with this further explantion!
Thank you man!!!