Drumazon beta version (0.9.94b)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Przemek@d16

Drumazon beta version (0.9.94b)

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:47 pm

Please download Drumazon beta version at:

The links are not valid no more - please use the latest official version

Links no longer available

and the temporary License Key file at

Links no longer available

The program is fully copyrighted and only registered users can use the beta versions. Please do NOT spread this download link or the plugin itself.

Save the Key File where you want (eg. on desktop) and after loading Drumazon when the About window shows up browse to the Key File to register the product.
Then Drumazon will copy the file to the proper location:
- (PC) folder where Drumazon.dll exists
- (Mac) "/Library/Application Support/D16 Group/Drumazon/" folder

Changes
- fixed bug with displaying output number (reported as bug with HC output routing)
- fixed bug with instruments presets initialization (appeared mostly after project reloading)
- fixed bug with Flam, Shuffle, Total Accent values initialization when Pattern Store was turned off. It happens just after loading and dissappeared after knob movement
- fixed bug with Key File installation
- improved BD model
- improved SD model (longer SD Tone)
- added user settings
- changed top bar design - Int Seq Mode switch has now three positions
- changed GUI - step buttons highlight was improved

Sound changes
BD attack scale has been corrected. Previously at maximum was too quiet in comparison to 909.
Now the original maximum value is exactly in the middle of the knob and all over gives louder attack (max 2 times).
BTW. Answering the questions what has been changed last time in the BD model - diode model has been changed in BD diode clipper (gives more basses).
SD Tone is longer now. Knob has original maximum value in the middle position. All over this gives longer tone than in 909
BD Attack and SD Tone settings in default presets have been rescaled to the new knobs ranges.

Internal Seq Modes
- Chain Mode (no changes)
- Normal Patt Mode - every note on message start the pattern immediately and note off message stops the pattern. This mode is dedicated mostly for placing patterns precisely in the piano roll.
- Free Patt Mode - new option wchich allows to trigger patterns immediately and keep them played without need of keeping the note hold down.

Once the pattern is triggered it keeps playing until the next pattern will be started or the actual one will be stopped.
To stop the playing pattern press its note once again but with low velocity and release it when you want to stop the pattern.
So every note on message will start pattern but only if note velocity is equal or above defined level (default 100).
And note off message will stop the corresponding pattern when it was preceded by a note on message with velocity below the defined level.

You can also change the actual pattern with the new one which is empty to get the silence.

User settings
User can define its own settings which override default Drumazon settings. In the future updates these functions will be probably available via some Preferences window but at the moment it can be done by specyfying proper settings in XML file.
To quickly check this feature download the Drumazon.ini.xml file and save it in:
- (PC) folder where Drumazon.dll file exists
- (Mac) "/Library/Application Support/D16 Group/Drumazon" folder

Drumazon tries to load this file every time it's loaded into host application. At this time there is not many options to define in the ini file.

The example content:

Code: Select all

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<DrumazonSettings>
  <UserSettings>
    <OutputConfig>
      <MasterOutput state='on' type='stereo' />
      <InstrumentsOutputs type='stereo' />
    </OutputConfig>
    <FreeModeVelocityThreshold level='100' />
  </UserSettings>
</DrumazonSettings>
The ini file must be a valid XML file (which means it must be well formed). In the short you can define at the moment:
- plugin's outputs configuration.
You can specify (in the <MasterOutput> tag) if the master output is used or not (state='on' or state='off'). You can also define type of the master output (type='stereo' or type='mono') which is taken into account only when the master output is present.
The same output type can be defined also for all instruments outputs at once (inside <InstrumentsOutputs> tag)
- velocity threshold level in Internal Seq Free Mode (0-127)

What's next?
This is most probably the last beta version before release date.
If nothing very important will be reported till tomorrow we are going to release it as the official 1.0 version.
Anyway if some minor bugs appear we're going to fixing them asap with whe 1.0.x updates

Next week we'll start to publish first manuals and tuturials.
Also we start to collect all your precious suggestions which will be included in the next major updates (1.x).

Cheers,
Przemek
Last edited by Przemek@d16 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:10 pm

nice, i like the new snare!

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:46 pm

rim shot on separate output only comes through when drumazon window is open. when closed, rim shot is not heard

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 pm

...really strange. Can't reproduce it on several hosts on both platforms.
Can you give more details how you get it ?
Config specification ?

Cheers,
Przemek

oxident

Post by oxident » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 pm

Rim Shot plays here all the time... :/

Intel iMac / Cubase 4

ozorg

Post by ozorg » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:10 am

just did some testing.
it seems to run stable in sx3.
(i.e. reloading settings work now)

i can't reproduce the "rim shot" problem.

i will do some testing tomorrow ...
http://www.myspace.com/duvalle

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:06 pm

:oops:
I've been trying all morning, can't reproduce it.

I had all the sounds set to output 1 apart from the hats + cymbals to 2 and the rim shot to 3.

also, I deleted the tracks in the file that was causing the problem.

Will save the file if it ever happens again

live 6.0.3 on pc xp

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:32 pm

OK, when it happened again we'll fix it. No problem...

Cheers,
Przemek

macha

Post by macha » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:12 pm

just wanted to let d16 know that your development towards the final 1.0
is really impressive. Although a little behind schedule :-) i think this latest beta sounds and works fantastic! your attention to detail in the gui is won defull! Poland: 12 points!

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:53 pm

Thanks macha :)
Yes, definitely "a bit" after time but better late than never ;)

To reward your patience we prepare something you never forget :)

Cheers,
Przemek

gbrennan

Post by gbrennan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:35 pm

The kick and snare are sounding fantastic in this version.

mpodrug

Post by mpodrug » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:52 am

Yes Drumazon is truly amazing now. Working in Cubase and FL like a charm :) These guys know what they are doing 8)

p.s. i dont realy care since i dont use it in Sonar. Just testing sonar these days(dont like it). You can download full working demo. However only VSTi that is crashing Sonar is Drumazon. And in a weird way. You may check it since you will announce full version and there are a lot of Sonar users. Just load Druamzon. Without automatic MIDI track creation. Do not assign any midi track. Press play. Everything is fine. Now assign midi track and press play. Volume on drumazon will jump at full range. You can avoid this by lowering volume in midi track ?!??. Save project and close it. Try to reload. Sonar will crash so badly that you will have to reset your computer. One interesting thing. If you do not assing any midi track to drumazon and save project like that it wont crash next time??? Do whatever you want just dont alter today Drumazon stability. Again in FL and Cubase it's working without a glitch. I love it. Must be something in Sonar...dunno...

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:17 am

thanks for that. We didn't know about Sonar problems but will check it of course...
No problem... We'll not change anything to worse :)

Cheers,
Przemek

mpodrug

Post by mpodrug » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:20 am

Hi Przemek. Just wanna to clear some things. After a LOT of headcache yesterday (my whole setup gone crazy) i discover one thing. My damn E-MU keyboard was transmiting some errors when connected through USB. :twisted: When i connect it to standard MIDI cable it's okay.(looks like i can not save one MIDI input for other controllers doh..) Why i am tellin you this? Well you see now when it's connected via standard midi cable my whole system is working better including that issues with Sonar and Drumazon. Now everything is working just as good as in any other host. No error.

Oh well.....Sorry for any inconvenience... :oops:

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:10 pm

Awesome work crew. Not only is this the most acurate TR-900 RC emulator on this earth. It even surpases the original with enhancements that shake your house to the ground.

Deep respect to you guys. My original TR friend is eating dust now. The main reason for this is.. and the purist 909 addicts better close their eyes now...

The analogue outputs of my tr outs are hissing and the "beeb" noise on the bd iritates me. Although this a charm of the tr. I just like the silence between the drumazone sounds.

The second reason, i can do so much more now. I dont have to gain the bd anymore and just add some raw fx and compression of choice and all other stuff i could not do in an instant with my outboard fx units.

BUT.... There is just one thing thats anoying me and that is the note lenght in the host midi (editor, played piece, whatever) is doing what it should original do, cutting the sound when the note ends. BUT the original TR does not listen to the note ending but playes the sound to the end regardless of how short or long the notes are in the host. Put 16th notes behind each other in the midi editor of the host (for a 4 part snarerole) and play this on the original TR and then on the drumazone. The drumazone snarerole get chopped at the note lenght. The original Tr is not. Although the internal sequencer playes it fine. there are many users that just play or edit their drums into the host app their using. Is there a possibilty to "fix" this?
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."