Timing Issues W/ Drumazon, Nepheton In Pro Tools

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
EternalSound

Timing Issues W/ Drumazon, Nepheton In Pro Tools

Post by EternalSound » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing some pretty severe timing issues with both Drumazon & Nepheton. I'm running the current verions of both plugins in Pro Tools 8 via the Fxpansion VST-Rtas wrapper. I've also expereinced the same issues with previous verisons of the plugins.

Basically, Drumazon/Nepheton will play in time for a brief period (usually a bar or two, sometimes more) and then loose change tempo/stutter dramatically, then eventually coming back on beat, and eventually falling out of time again.

The problem is so severe that it is almost nearly impossible to produce a pattern that is in time and the loss of timing happens very sporatically and can happen at any time.

It sounds like Drumazon/Nepheton are somehow loosing sync w/the host. The tempo/timing varitions are very dramatic, as though the clock is changing wildly from tempo to tempo at very fast/inconsitent intervals.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

-Max

Sebastian@d16

Re: Timing Issues W/ Drumazon, Nepheton In Pro Tools

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 am

Hi Max,

Since our plug-ins are not natively compatible with RTAS format we cannot do anything about it, VST-Rtas wrapper is quite tricky since it handles plug-ins properly if they are made with VST SDK version 2.3 <=. Our software is based on the latest version of VST 2.x SDK; 2.4. We're going to make our plug-ins compatible natively with Pro Tools after releasing 64bit updates.

Best regards,
Sebastian

EternalSound

Post by EternalSound » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your response. I've been using Drumazon & Nepheton for a few years now and didn't experience any timing issues in the past. I'm thinking there must be something in the way I have things configured that is causing the timing issues. Any thoughts as to any particular settings in the daw or within the plug's that might cause these symptoms?

I've been using the same version of the FXpansion Vst-RTAS all along. I've also tried using the older versions of Drumazon/Nepheton to no avail. What are your thoughts?

Cheers,

-Max

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Max,

I really have no idea how FXPansion wrapper exactly works (technically) so plenty things could have effect on timing issues you're experiencing. Among the others; fixes or patches for OS, patches for Pro Tools or different
version of Pro Tools. Did you update your Pro Tools (including patches), OS (including patches) in a mean time?

Best regards,
Sebastian