Drumazon beta version (0.9.91b)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Przemek@d16

Drumazon beta version (0.9.91b)

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Please download Drumazon beta version at

Links no longer available

The License Key files system is temporary off -- till we solve the problems with key files.

The program is fully copyrighted and only registered users can use the beta versions. Please do NOT spread this download link or the plugin itself.

Changes
- fixed bug with Patt Midi mode with overlapped notes
- restored previous way of synchronizing Drumazon with host
- added optional way of synchronizing to solve "1/16 note delay" problem under Cubase

IMPORTANT
We brought back previous way of starting Drumazon with the host in Chain Mode (Drumazon is in the chain mode when Patt MIDI is off, of course only when Int. Seq is used).

But to solve the "1/16 note delay" on Cubase we give the optional way of starting the sequenzer.

As I wrote in the previous thread when eg. buffer is noticable Cubase change the transport status (avaialable for plugin) with some delay. To solve this problem you can force start of sequencer with putting the lowest available note just on the beggining of the song. Lowest available means C(-2) or C0 or C(-1) depending on the host.
Then Midi Note On message will come before delayed transport change exactly on the beginning of the first processed buffer.

When you have no delay on start you don't have to do it.

In other words Drumazon will start playing in Chain Mode when it receive lowest note MidiOn message or when transport change to Play depending on which of these events happens first.

Controlling Chain Mode from keyboard

We also changed the behavior with the controlling the chain with white/black keys (described with 0.9.9 version).

Now you can use keyboard to control the chain similar to the GUI control.
When you press C1 you set the new chain with only one pattern.
When you hold C1 key and during this press F#1 you set the new chain with range from C1 to F#1.
You are not limited to define the chains with both ends in one octave as it is when you define it from GUI.

Waiting for your suggestions...

Cheers,
Przemek
Last edited by Przemek@d16 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

quantize

Post by quantize » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Just a quick question...

is the pattern and bank saving and loading meant to work? when i save a pattern in Mac OSX with Cubase i get a blank (ie no icon resource) file with no file extension...i cant seem to load these back in..

also, did the BD sound change again? the decay seems MUCH longer now..

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:35 pm

All Drumazon file extensions should be .xml.
We'll check it before it should be named automatically with this extension. In the meantime you can try to rename this file manually.

Yes, BD decay has been changed (I forgot to write it in the Changes) with many users requests. Original 909 maximum decay is in the half of knob value.

But there is no BD changes we were talk about *yet*. We work on it and BD should sound better soon. However longer decay will stay...

Cheers,
Przemek

star-lite

Post by star-lite » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Hi Przemek,

I have a problem with your recent Beta 0.9.91b: The possibility to step through the chain via midi notes is a very nice feature.
But: Unfortunately I have now back that 1/16 delay in Cubase 4, and I can't get it away by using the method you described.
In Beta 0.9.9b this all worked perfectly. Also it was very comfortable to start and stop the step sequencer in the arrangement by midi notes.
So in my case, I would prefer the former version.
Maybe there is something I don't understand...
Anyway, great work that you are doing, and it's big fun working with Drumazon!

Cheers,
Frank

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:02 pm

Whiiiiiyoooo finaly some ooooomphhh in the bass!

:P

Thanx crew, awesome work :twisted:

Also, is there any info on the changed midi cc mapping?
And another thing:

In the current setup there are 11 independent (stereo) outputs and one (stereo) master output. I dont see the point of a master output when you have independent outputs. Also the master plays all the sounds also. In the Real 909 situation the independent outputs OVERRULE the master output when a Jack is inserted.

The master output is useless in 2007 because in the software we can route anything anywhere on a endless virtual mixing console. In the 1980's every output costed a arm and legg.

And i still believe in my honest opinion, the independent outputs should be mono because then you can place the instruments along the L to R axis anywhere you want. the bass nice and loud in the middle, Make it stereo and the sound always will sound double(ish) because of the stereo phasing. I hope in the final version people could choose what stereo or mono configuration they want to set up.
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:28 pm

Indeed bug with delay in Cubase still exists :(
Working on it...

cheers,
Przemek

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:38 pm

That's really no problem with the dynamic outputs configuration.
User will be able to set this with the .xml ini file.
It'll be avaialable in the 1.0 version.

Cheers,
Przemek

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Przemek@d16 wrote:Indeed bug with delay in Cubase still exists :(
Working on it...

cheers,
Przemek
Its weekend.. take a few days off :wink:
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."

oxident

Post by oxident » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:55 pm

Ok, now I can start testing, I can tell you right now that the "1/16 workaround" does it! :)

Cheers!

Alex

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:58 pm

On some configurations does but on other not. The most important is that now I know what is going on... but still thinking what to do with ;)

Cheers,
Przemek

Patrick_Lindsey

Post by Patrick_Lindsey » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:05 pm

hey.. so far.. I found now a big bug under cubase 4..

you can load 2 or up to 5 times your actual project..
then you save your song.. and suddenly drumazon forgets ALL his settings ..the output configuration... patterns .. the sound settings and and .. and you can't even load saved banks before or presets.. and it even doesn't help.. to start cubase 4 new.. and reload ..all settings are gone :(

cheerz
patrick
www.patricklindsey.de

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Which version do you use Patrick ?

Przemek

Patrick_Lindsey

Post by Patrick_Lindsey » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:17 am

ok . I used the 0.9.9b version..
I'm using 9.91b now.. so far.. all works fine..
I will check it tomorrow again.. and will do a lot of testing.

cheerz
patrick
www.patricklindsey.de

quantize

Post by quantize » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:41 am

Hmm well...

saving is definitely not adding the .xml extension as you prob know...and adding the extension makes it loadable, but im afraid it doesnt seem to be doing anything..if i name and save a pattern or bank (or inst preset) and reload it, i cant seem to find it anywhere...ie if i rename the current pattern and then load it, im still getting the same thing, not the recently loaded one..
Przemek@d16 wrote:All Drumazon file extensions should be .xml.
We'll check it before it should be named automatically with this extension. In the meantime you can try to rename this file manually.

Yes, BD decay has been changed (I forgot to write it in the Changes) with many users requests. Original 909 maximum decay is in the half of knob value.

But there is no BD changes we were talk about *yet*. We work on it and BD should sound better soon. However longer decay will stay...

Cheers,
Przemek