Drumazon beta version (0.9.9b)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Przemek@d16

Drumazon beta version (0.9.9b)

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Please download Drumazon beta version at

Links no longer availalbe

and the temporary License Key file at

Links no longer availalbe

After installing new beta version register it with the key file (load Drumazon and in the about window point to the location where you saved key file).

The program is fully copyrighted and only registered users can use the beta versions. Please do NOT spread this download link or the plugin itself.

Changes
- fixed bug with inactive flam on odd steps in Patt MIDI mode
- fixed bug with reloading project including two instances of Drumazon (happened on FL, sometimes Cubase - after reloading second instance was not properly initialized)
- changed default MIDI CC map (few CC codes were reserved)
- fixed bug with bad shuffling (sometimes shuffled and not shuffled steps were played inversed)
- fixed bug with delay in Cubase (1/16 note)

IMPORTANT
First, some informations about this strange bug under Cubase. When Drumazon has been started in Patt Midi mode everything was good. But not when it was started in Chain Mode.

The cause of that is the delay in notification of transport change from host to plugin. Midi message which started Patt Midi mode is sent always at time, but transport change (from stop tp play) has delay dependent on machine configuration (especcially latency)

We tried to solve this situation in many ways but we (from the plugin side) are not able to detect transport change in any other way. So this delay can just occur and we can't do anything to avoid this.

We decided to change method of starting Drumazon together with the host in Chain Mode.
So now Patt Midi mode works exactly the same like before. Midi Note On message starts corresponding pattern and Midi Note Off message stops it.
Starting Drumazon alone with its Start and Stop/Cont buttons works the same like before too.
But when you want to start Drumazon in Chain mode synchronized with host project (start it from host transport) you *must* place a note on piano roll which will trigger the Chain Mode.

The usage:
- notes C,D,E,F,G,A,H (white keys) can start the chain. Notes with velocity over value 100 always restarts the chain from the beggining. When the velocity is less or equal 100 the chain is started only when previously it was stopped. Restarting chain is triggered by the Midi Note On message
- notes C#,D#,F#,G#,A# (black keys) always stops the chain. It's triggered by the Midi Note Off message

First we want to avoid these behaviour because of the user must place a note just to start Drumazon in Chain Mode together with the host.

But the most important reason is there is no other way to make sure that on every host everything will be synchronized correct.

Second advantage of this solution is that now user has more flexibility in controlling chain while host is playing. This can be very useful in playing live eg. when you want to start the Drumazon after some time, or stops it etc. Then there is no need to fake the silence with empty patterns etc.
You can of course imagine more complex situations remebering that Patt Midi and Chain Mode are played parallel. You can switch between the modes during the playing.

Taking velocity into account while restarting chain gives the user ability to control it with the strenght of hit a key. And to avoid the situations when some clip is looped and you don't want the chain is restarted every time the note comes with clip beggining.

What's next

This is probably the last beta version. If we don't have any serious bug reports we'll release official 1.0 next week.
If you find something just let us know.

Cheers,
Przemek
Last edited by Przemek@d16 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

gbrennan

Post by gbrennan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks Przemek - it's working great!

In fact, using the keys like this to start and stop it is a brilliant idea as it allows me to jam with cubase in record mode when creating a song structure (and it triggers with multiple taps on the keys with - velocity over 100- like a sampled loop!).

Many thanks,

Gary.

gbrennan

Post by gbrennan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:01 pm

However - the start and stop buttons don't have any effect in Patt Midi mode. The patterns keep playing until you disable this mode. Pressing start or stop in Cubase has no effect on starting or stopping playback either in Patt Midi mode.

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:36 pm

Yes, I see that there is small bug in Patt Midi. Will fix it quickly.

I was playing few hours now and I'm not sure about this solution.
I'll change it a little once again (sorry for often changes but really want ot make it as useful as possible).
We plan to use the lowest note just to sync Internal Seq in Chain Mode. So you must place this note it just right at beginning of the track to start chain together with the host.
Then when you can use the notes from range C-1 to H-8 exactly like the buttons on the GUI. To start next pattern in the chain or to mark range in the chain.
I think it'll be more flexible because now the only way to control played chain is with GUI. It should be available also from the external controller.

Cheers,
Przemek

P.S. If I still have electricity this night new beta should come in few hours. We have strong winds here this night - over 150km/h :)

oxident

Post by oxident » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:53 pm

The Key file doesnt work here.... :( I browse to the folder which is located and Drumazon tells me that it is an invalid key.

Cheers!

Alex

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:06 pm

Try to copy it manually to :
(PC) location where Drumazon.dll exists
(Mac) /Library/Application Support/D16 Group/Drumazon/

And reload Drumazon once again...
If this doesn't help we'll check it.

Best,
Przemek

oxident

Post by oxident » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:49 pm

Incorrect license key... or "NFR Period Expired"...

I have the key exactly where you told me.

Cheers

Alex

Btw: Macintel version...

quantize

Post by quantize » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:23 pm

same here....tried that path.

'Incorrect License Key'

tried other locations, makes no difference...

(Mac PPC and Intel)

intrepidtraveller

Post by intrepidtraveller » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:50 am

now in ableton live the drumazon doesn't start when you press play in live. you have to hit start on the actual drumazon to get it to run but the then there is no way to sync everything up!

the work around i found is to enter a MIDI note (like how you get the phoscyon to start in live), but there seems to be a crackle in the drumazon sound like it is not looping properly.

i like the old drumazon better! is this a bug or what?

how do i reinstall the old version? is it simply a matter of redownloading it? or will drumazon default to the newest version?

arg!

g.

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:10 am

OK. Please wait few hours. Working on it...

Cheers,
Przemek

Przemek@d16

Post by Przemek@d16 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:34 pm

0.9.91 is ready. I'm uploading the files to the server.

Key files were temporary off - till we solve these problems.
We back to the previous version of starting Drumazon in Chain Mode with kind of trick to solve the "1/16 note delay" problem on Cubase.

More details in few minutes in new thread...

Cheers,
Przemek