is there tap input?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
3phase1

is there tap input?

Post by 3phase1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:45 pm

one of the most important features of the roland machines is realtime input.. the editor is only for corrections.. also applys to the 303..
at least for the timing information.. a feature i miss bdaly on my D.16 plugs aswell as on any other emulation out there..
i gues that is because coders dont value realtime input very much..its however a vital feature for session musicans thats well worth to cary the heavy hardware with you..you are around the factor 20 faster in writing beats what matters in time sensetiv sessions and especially on stage a lot.

would be very nice when the best emulations on the market would also try to get the workflow of the originals a bit into consideration and a realtime input for drummmachines and gate time info on the phosicon would help the user exoeriance a lot.

you create patterns with will and intuiton than instead try and error or standard patterns...

happy new 2011

Acid Drops

Re: is there tap input?

Post by Acid Drops » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 am

I couldn't agree more,
I made a similar request in march 2010 (for nepheton), by then it was already a popular request and the official reply is that it is a feature that won't arrive until the 2.x versions. I really hope they find the time to bring these out sometime soon... like 6 months or less soon. but I guess they are busy.

http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1894

I'm Battery Acid, but I forgot my password and the forum forgot my details...

by the way, I'm really amazed so many drum machine VSTs don't offer this feature. I'm a little reluctant to call it a 'feature' even. I think it's an essential part of any drum machine... Microtonic has scripting now ('pikascript') so maybe it will have this function soon.

Sebastian@d16

Re: is there tap input?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 am

Hi guys,

There'll be such option in 2.x upgrade, we're going to make step buttons (as well as all GUI controls) midi assignable, so you'll be able to tap-in patterns using keys on your midi controller.

We don't want to involve there a regular keyboard since there're problems with window focus and conflicts with keyboard messages between plug-in and host application.

Best regards,
Sebastian