copy pattern to track. Logic 8

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
metric

copy pattern to track. Logic 8

Post by metric » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 am

I am using logic 8. can u copy the drum pattern from the drumzon to the logic sequence window?

Sebastian@d16

Re: copy pattern to track. Logic 8

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 am

Hi,

It's not possible at the moment. We'll be upgrading our drum machines in a future and then drag'n'drop method between internal sequencer and arrangement track be implemented. Now it's possible to record internal sequence from Drumazon's midi output, but this works only for VST and Logic supports AU only.

Best regards,
Sebastian

metric

Post by metric » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:50 pm

thanks. another question then. How do i use it in logic to make a complete track? for edits for example, i assume you have to switch between patterns using automation. I cant seem to do this in logic either.

Also when the track is playing on a loop the beat sometimes goes completely out of sync. To put it right i have to stop the track using the stop button with the mouse and not the space bar then open up the drumazon and press the stop button and then press the play button with the mouse. If you use the space bar to play the track again it continues to be out of sync.

Any ideas?? Basically love this software and want to use it to make finished tunes but using it in logic seems like an effort and impractical. This must be wrong (i really hope!!) and i just don't know how i should be sequencing with this plugin.

Cheers

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 am

Hi,
metric wrote:thanks. another question then. How do i use it in logic to make a complete track? for edits for example, i assume you have to switch between patterns using automation. I cant seem to do this in logic either.
You need to use "host mode" --- check out manual, it allows to switch patterns using midi notes.
metric wrote: Also when the track is playing on a loop the beat sometimes goes completely out of sync. To put it right i have to stop the track using the stop button with the mouse and not the space bar then open up the drumazon and press the stop button and then press the play button with the mouse. If you use the space bar to play the track again it continues to be out of sync.
Host mode will solve that problem for you, since you'll be triggering patterns using notes. And instantly pattern plays when note comes in.

Best regards,
Sebastian