Quick question

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
computer controlled

Quick question

Post by computer controlled » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 am

I downloaded the demo of Drumazon to try it out. I tried ordering it a few days ago, but due to a lost and canceled bank card, the order didn't go through. While waiting for a replacement, i decided to grab the demo and have a go with it for a bit. One thing i can't seem to get it to do is switch patterns via a MIDI keyboard. No matter where in the range i try it, it just won't work. Is this a limitation of the demo? Or a bug? I'm using Sonar 8 Producer. Before i decide to drop almost $200 i sort of don't have, i'd like to know if this feature will work. The sounds are incredible! And this is coming from someone who is basically 100% hardware. I can say there are only 2 software companies i really like. Audio Damage, and now D16. However, with my work flow, i need this pattern switch via midi to work. Any help would be great!!!
SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . JP-08 . TT-303 . Bass Station . Eurorack Modular . Push

Sebastian@d16

Re: Quick question

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 am

Hi,

To be able to change patterns from midi keyboard you need to switch to "host mode", just turn on "host mode" LED. Do not forget to set a midi port with connected midi keyboard to Drumazon.

Best regards,
Sebastian

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 pm

I"ve tried that, but it doesn't sync up with Sonar then. It just sit idle until i hit a key. This is rather counter intuitive. I remember playing with a demo long ago, and it working properly. Now, you basically have to have dead solid timing to hit the pattern switching at the very beginning of each pattern. This is fine if you want to manually insert each key trigger in a sequence, but i don't. I need it to work like a real drum machine. Also, host mode throws it into write mode, which i find odd.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 am

Hi,

I agree it's hard to sync patterns together controlling them in host mode. We're going to update drum machines and give control over them from midi keyboard in Native Mode as well, so will be possible to perfectly sync patterns together and making queues. We did so in Phosycon, so changing banks and selecting pattern in bank is possible from midi keyboard.

Best regards,
Sebastian

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Excellent. That's what i like to hear =o]