Drummachines don't work in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Outsider

Drummachines don't work in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Post by Outsider » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:14 am

Hello,

I recently bought all of the D16 drummachine emulatons.

They do work fine in Cubase 4 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (32-bit), but I need to work in 64-bit, and Drumazon, Nithonat and Nepheton make Cubase 4 (64-bit) crash in a second when started up.

When will there be a 'Windows 7 64-bit proove' version available?

BR,
Sander

Outsider

Re: Drummachines don't work in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Post by Outsider » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Btw. I understand this is a Cubase Issue...

s-tek

Post by s-tek » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 am

i have (shitty)win7 64bit and it works fine for me :)
but, the older versions dont work correct. the updates are all fine here...
audiolabor-label.de

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi,

We're going surely release x64 bit native versions of our plug-ins (free updates) as soon as possible, however it requires a some portion of time, unfortunately I cannot give any release date estimation at this moment.

Best regards,
Sebastian

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Have you tried jbridge ?
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

del3rius

Post by del3rius » Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm

As wired as it may sound, I got the same problem with WinXpSp3 32bit (Clean Setup), plus no pattern change in any of the vsti, and the only way they may sound is when i press start for internal seq... but up to there, I suppose it is a conflict with another vsti, or a problem with registry somehow... any ideas?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 am

Hi,

What host application do you use to run? Seems the host application doesn't send a transport change midi code to plug-ins.

Have you tried a host mode? (check out manual)

Best regards,
Sebastian

del3rius

Post by del3rius » Tue May 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Tried many times... it doesn't work!!! I use mainly cubase 5 or 4, and occasionally ableton, in ableton works fine...

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 am

Hi,

That's pretty weird. I use exactly the same configuration here as you do (Windows XP SP3 32bit + Cubase 5) and everything works. It's doubtful that it's registry configuration's fault since Drumazon does not affect on registry at all.

Did you download the latest version of Drumazon from User Area?

What happens when you insert Drumazon into Cubase and press "start" on a transport panel? Is factory pattern playing?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am

Please check out also chapter 7.3.3 of Drumazon's manual and try to change Host Play Detection mode. Do not forget to restart Drumazon (put it out and put it in once again) to affect changes made in Options menu.

Best regards,
Sebastian

del3rius

Post by del3rius » Wed May 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks a lot for your help, tried all the suggestions you proposed, and really is weird, I searched the registry in the meanwhile and found out my self about that. When is enabled the internal seq. an hit start it plays a pattern, as is, no change, when I tried the host play detection, and hit some notes from my midi key, the pattern changed, but no single drum hits, when internal seq. is disabled, and it got me thinking, before the new installation of windows I was having problems with all the plug-ins from another developer, sugar bytes, after 10' they would cut their factions as being in demo, but that wasn't true... now they play just fine, but i got problems with drumazon, so it got me wonder could it be a vsti conflict issue?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:25 am

Hi,
When is enabled the internal seq. an hit start it plays a pattern, as is, no change
This is exactly how it's supposed to work. When Internal Seq. is turned on, and host mode turned off --- it means Drumazon is in Native mode. And you can change patterns only by switching step buttons at the bottom --- take a deeper look on manual.
, when I tried the host play detection, and hit some notes from my midi key, the pattern changed,
There's no need to change host play detection since internal seq works --- it only helps to solve problem with hosts that don't send transport change to a plug-in, Cubase does for 100%
but no single drum hits, when internal seq. is disabled,
Do you use demo version of Drumazon? Because triggering single drum sounds works only with full version.

Best regards,
Sebastian

del3rius

Post by del3rius » Thu May 06, 2010 1:14 pm

I feel like a completely noob... an sorry if I'm wasted your time... but I use the full version... as always.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi,
del3rius wrote:I feel like a completely noob... an sorry if I'm wasted your time... but I use the full version... as always.
No worries. You need to get used to our Drum Machines to use them, but the good side is when you learn one, you know how to use all of them :)

I prepared a Cubase 5 project with Drumazon only with midi clip that triggers Base Drum. Check it:

http://www.d16.pl/pub/misc/drumazon.cpr

Best regards,
Sebastian

del3rius

Post by del3rius » Thu May 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Something is really wrong.... only internal seq. and when I hit for single sound from the midi key they sound... together with the seq. if I deactivate the int. silence... :(. I suppose that there's no cure... thanks for your time and effort, if I ever figure out what is wrong i'll let you know!!!