Drumazon Indvidual Out Problem

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
EternalSound

Drumazon Indvidual Out Problem

Post by EternalSound » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:14 am

I recently updated to the latest version of Drumazon and am having issues using the individual outs.

I am using Pro Tools. In prior version of Drumazon, I have Drumazon's individual outputs routed to seperate audio tracks with no problems.

However, with the new version of Drumazon I can only get sound to be routed out of output #2 and the sounds that are routed to the second output come out of all of the outputs at once.

So, at the end of the day I can only use one of Drumazon's indiviudal outs. I have had the same trouble with Nepheton as well.

Any Help Would be appreciated.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:54 am

Hi,

First of all, Drumazon isn't natively compatible with ProTools, so I assume you use some kind of wrapper to be able to insert Drumazon into ProTools, so very wide spectrum of issues can appear. We're going to provide compatibility with RTAS for our plug-ins in the future.

Anyway, from which version you've updated Drumazon?

Best regards,
Sebastian

EternalSound

Drumazon Individual Out Problem

Post by EternalSound » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:03 pm

I updated from Drumazon version 1.0.3.0, and am wrapping the plugin via FXpansion VST to RTAS Adapter V2.11.

I have identical issues with the new version of Nepheton as well, which was updated from version 1.0.2.0.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 am

Hi,

You've updated Drumazon from a pretty old version. Current one is completely rebuilt and incompatible with the old one. So if you're trying to load the protools projects that use the old version, you'll fail unfortunately, even you'd been using regular VST host application (not protools).

But if you try to start a new project using wrapper, protools and current version of Drumazon, and despite all those facts there're still problems with Drumazon. The most probable reason is that wrapper doesn't work well on all configurations and setups and as far as I know it does not handle VST 2.4 well. In this situation I can advise you to go back to 1.0.3 version, which is still downloadable in User Area (add-ons tab). We're going to provide native compatibility for all our plug-ins with RTAS as soon as possibile.

Best regards,
Sebastian

EternalSound

Post by EternalSound » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks for your help. I think you are correct, this must be related to some sort of problem with the wrapper.

I have had several strange issues in pro tools w/audio from the wrapped plugins travelling into the pro tools busses as well as outputs from other plugins.

In the mean while I suppose I will revert back to the other versions of the D16 plugins.

Any idea when the RTAS version is planned?

Thanks Again for your Help,

-EternalSound