Logic 8 - how do we record?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
outty

Logic 8 - how do we record?

Post by outty » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am

How do we record the sequences into the arrange window of Logic 8.

How are people using this with logic, or are they?

Thanks!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:58 am

Hi,

If you mean transferring patterns from internal sequencer to the midi clip on project window, it's not possible yet. If you want to enter sequences directly in midi clip, just turn off internal sequencer and drumazon will act as a sound module.

In Drumazon there's midi out that can be used for controlling other instruments, it's possible to record its output to a midi track, however this thing doesn't work with Logic, since AU technology is pretty "young" in this area, the specification of midi out in AU instruments is still buggy. You'd need VSTi based host for this.

Best regards,
Sebastian

outty

Post by outty » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:24 pm

figured it out in logic! I would much rather lay the midi sequence down in the arrange window than use the internal sequencer. Although the internal sequencer is great for coming up with ideas.

great product, amazing sounds.

metric

Re: Logic 8 - how do we record?

Post by metric » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 am

RE. figured it out in logic! I would much rather lay the midi sequence down in the arrange window than use the internal sequencer. Although the internal sequencer is great for coming up with ideas.

great product, amazing sounds.

How did you do this??? really want to use Drumazon to make full tunes but cant cause I cannot work this out!!!