Audio Units Versions

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
tadennis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Audio Units Versions

Post by tadennis » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Audio Units versions of your synths:

Okay, I have to say I think you guys are really missing the boat on this one... Your products are elegantly designed and sound fantastic -- I bought Phoscyon, downloaded the VST to AU wrapper (for another 100 bucks!) only to find that that particular scenario works not at all. V. V. disappointing. I might just as well have opened up my bedroom window and thrown $170 cash into the wind.

Surely you must be keen to the fact that many MANY of us electronic artists use Logic as our host -- it is, after all, the standard for electronic music creation (this statement is admittedly somewhat subjective, nevertheless, I believe it to be the GOD'S HONEST TRUTH).

Put it this way: I'LL PAY YOU TO MAKE AUDIO UNITS VERSIONS!! I'll pay you $170 bucks to give me an audio units version of Drumazon, because I sure will NOT be giving you any more of my well-earned dinero until I am able to ACTUALLY USE THE PRODUCT FOR WHICH I PAY!

Hmmm... not sure if this is a rant, rave, praise or what... In short, I want your freakin' products so badly and I so dearly would like them to assist me in my PHAT-ASS MUSIC MAKIN'!!

I encourage you to read over the many previous posts in these forums and consider the overwhelming demand out there for exactly what I'm asking for here:

DRUMAZON -- AU version!
PHOSCYON -- AU version!

Most all of the competing plug-in developers have managed in supplying this option for their products. I simply cannot imagine what is preventing D16 from doing the same.

Mad-as-hell and eagerly awaiting ANYTHING you might put out in the future,
T.

NTiOzymandias
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Post by NTiOzymandias » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:35 am

You say you've read a lot of posts. I suggest you read them again; it's been said several times that an AU version of each plug-in is planned.

d16 has to rewrite most of the code to work as an AU. They can't exactly just snap their fingers and make it exist. If you doubt me on this, take a look at the AU documentation and try writing your own synth.

As a Mac/Logic user and programmer myself, I can promise you it's a lot harder than you might think. So please be patient with them; they're working on it already but it will take some time.

User avatar
Przemek@d16
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by Przemek@d16 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:33 am

We'll fix all the bugs with the VST-AU wrappers soon but native AU versions must wait some time.

As it has been written before rewriting VST to AU is not such straightforward as converting VST PC to VST MAC. So we need time to do it...

So every our plugin *will* be release in AU format but you must wait...

Cheers,
Przemek

tadennis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Post by tadennis » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:59 pm

I don't mean to turn this into an ongoing argument here, but I have, in fact , reread the posts in question -- It seems that the reply is always the same: "It will take some time," which is as vague an answer as I can possibly imagine, just short of evading the question all together. Your avoidance of listing an actual quantifiable time frame seems to me suspicious. I understand your not wanting to list a specific date of release and then not being able to deliver the goods, but certainly you're able to estimate at least a range of, say, "three months," or "a year from now..." etc.

And as far as the complexity of altering the code to conform to AU requirements, I can certainly understand that that is the case is Phoscyon, given that it's been around for several years now and perhaps AU was not quite the standard it is nowadays -- the VST vs AU race seemed a little less balanced just a couple years ago. But as for Drumazon, well I can't image not having taken into account AU in its very RECENT development.

Admittedly, I am a musician, not a computer programmer so, although I have a great deal of respect for the work that you people do, I have a tendency to take for granted the blood, sweat and tears I'm sure must go into each project.

I suppose what I'm looking for here is a little less vagueness and an attempt, at least, at giving us something more than a dangling carrot.

Thanks again for you time,
T.

User avatar
Przemek@d16
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by Przemek@d16 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:31 pm

OK. So to give you any closer date I think that AU versions of all our plugins will be available ~May 07 with my best knowledge at this moment.

It may happen that we'll convert them separately so once can be released before another.

Cheers,
Przemek

Custa
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by Custa » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:36 am

Przemek@d16 wrote:OK. So to give you any closer date I think that AU versions of all our plugins will be available ~May 07 with my best knowledge at this moment.

It may happen that we'll convert them separately so once can be released before another.

Cheers,
Przemek
This really does not help. :( I guess I need to look into fxpansion.

Does anybody have experience with running d16 plugins via the vst-au adapter?
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive


Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

User avatar
Przemek@d16
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by Przemek@d16 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:40 am

We have reports that Drumazon works fine with the FXpansion wrapper but there were problems in the past with the Phoscyon.

And all these possible problems with the wrappers will be solved before any porting to AU. Just to give some part of users abiity to use it asap.

Cheers,
Przemek

humanjava
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:22 am

Post by humanjava » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:21 pm

Przemek@d16 wrote:We have reports that Drumazon works fine with the FXpansion wrapper but there were problems in the past with the Phoscyon.

And all these possible problems with the wrappers will be solved before any porting to AU. Just to give some part of users abiity to use it asap.

Cheers,
Przemek
All sample rates?

tadennis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Post by tadennis » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:11 pm

I have both Drumazon AND Phoscyon and their interface working with the VST to AU wrapper in Logic, MacIntel.

Thanks for the update, guys. I can finally use you products!!

humanjava
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:22 am

Post by humanjava » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:26 am

Also purchased VST-AU adapter and seems to work at 24bit 96Khz. Only problem I find is sometimes midi can be a bar behind. Not sure if thats just a demo version problem but I think I plan on buying the product soons I get some more cash. Sounds great. Also never figured out how to do mulit outs but maybe again its demo version limitation.

keep up the good work.

Custa
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by Custa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:53 am

Przemek@d16 wrote:We have reports that Drumazon works fine with the FXpansion wrapper but there were problems in the past with the Phoscyon.

And all these possible problems with the wrappers will be solved before any porting to AU. Just to give some part of users abiity to use it asap.

Cheers,
Przemek
I would prefer that you just went straight to AU. :( By having to use the vst-au wrapper your plugin will have cost me an extra US$99. Not real happy with that.
Hardware >

Apple 17" MackBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz - 4GB RAM - 320GB 7200 RPM Drive.

Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz - 2GB RAM - 120GB 5400 RPM and 1TB 7200 RPM Drive


Software > Mac OS X 10.6.1, Logic Pro 8.0.2

conorbrown
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Post by conorbrown » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Przemek@d16 wrote:OK. So to give you any closer date I think that AU versions of all our plugins will be available ~May 07 with my best knowledge at this moment.

It may happen that we'll convert them separately so once can be released before another.

Cheers,
Przemek
Hi Przemek,

Sorry to bring this subject up again but are you any closer to knowing if "Audio Unit" versions of all D16 products will be released?

Thanks for your time! :)

conorbrown
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Post by conorbrown » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:26 am

conorbrown wrote:
Przemek@d16 wrote:OK. So to give you any closer date I think that AU versions of all our plugins will be available ~May 07 with my best knowledge at this moment.

It may happen that we'll convert them separately so once can be released before another.

Cheers,
Przemek
Hi Przemek,

Sorry to bring this subject up again but are you any closer to knowing if "Audio Unit" versions of all D16 products will be released?

Thanks for your time! :)
Does anyone use this forum anymore? :lol:

blacker
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:08 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by blacker » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:12 am

Hi there:

I'm on the verge of buying all three of these awesome plugs, but I have a question or two...

I'm using Logic on a PC now, but I'll be getting a new Mac for Logic in a couple of months. I'm wondering...

a) Any estimate on when AU versions might be ready? I read that someone said May '07, but I don't see any signs of AU versions yet...

b) If I purchase the "All Bundle" now, can I get the AU versions free when they are eventually released?

Thanks for your time!
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

ducted
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by ducted » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Same questions here, i'm interested in the AU versions and i'm planning to buy Total Pack (all three synths).

Cheers!

Post Reply